Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I wonder if you would get away with putting Urban Hits on 99.1?

1 Like

Brisbane’s Home of Urban Hits IDs might be a problem another Zetta PC with same music and Toowoomba’s Home of Urban Hits 99.1 lol. I think the ACMA might think it’s to much commercial crossover on narrowcast licence. But you never know they are starting to let a lot things go were they wouldn’t 5 years ago e.g Power FM Toowoomba

Hit 93.5 Dubbo are still airing NRL games, in this case now being the Triple M call, since there is no Triple M station in Dubbo.

I recall they were doing this back in the old Star FM days, then taking the 2GB call.

1 Like

Hit94.3/97.9 Gippsland does the same with AFL, also taking the Triple M call.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I do remember that… did they also take the Triple M call when they were Sea/Star FM? (or maybe 3AW?),

Looks like they have been since 2014, then under the Star FM branding.

Before that, 3GG - then owned by Resonate as a de facto Triple M LocalWorks affiliate - took the Triple M call, judging by some old broadcast guides. 3GG flipped to the Crocmedia call in 2014 according to this from Radioinfo, and the Triple M call moved over to Star.

(As a side note, that piece suggests the “return” of 3GG to the Crocmedia call. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the arrangement was pre-2012)

Of course, 3GG dropped AFL altogether in 2017, as covered on MediaSpy at the time - the Crocmedia call is heard on Gold 1242.

2 Likes

3GG took the CrocMedia call until they became part of the Capital Radio Network. They also moved to separate premises, whereas under previous ownership they were always in the same premises as Hit/StarFM.

2 Likes

Heather Maltman is leaving 90.9 Sea FM Gold Coast after two and a half years on breakfast:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/heather-maltman-leaves-sea-fm-friday

2 Likes

Never made any impact. Another reality show drop in. How many PD’s have they had in this time?

SEA’s best days at b’fast was Paul and Moyra (now on drive with Mal Lees on Hot Tomato and #1 3 - 7pm) and even then #2 behind Richard Fowler and Sarah Wharmby or Bridget Daley on Gold.

Another broken bfast show for Gemma to fix. Considering the 2DAY results, you can see the humour there.

2 Likes

Meanwhile up the coast, Tim & Jess at Hit Central Queensland (Rockhampton/Gladstone) are set to make the move to Hit104.9 The Border (Albury/Wodonga) from June 5

Have they made any announcement on a replacement ?

Not as of yet. Heather has been removed from the show’s online branding as expected

2 Likes

Interesting, this is either going to go 2 ways, they are really going to get behind Ben & Dan or they are going to scrap the show all together and relauch with a new show for 2020 (once the existing talent’s contracts are up).

1 Like

Dan is the only talent of worth in the team.

Dan would be better used in a metro market, wasted on the Gold Coast.

SCA need to start again - again. SEA bfast has been a disaster since they sacked Moyra Major (now on #1 drive show on Hot Tomato) during her maternity leave - a scoundrel’s act that is common in Australian media.

I agree, I do not know why they persisted with Charli, they lost a good talent there for awhile with Simon Baggs leaving due to clashes with Charli, he has landed back at SCA now thankfully. They really need to be building their talent pool, there daytime announcers are no where near ready for Breakfast.

1 Like

A very long way from doing that. No longer the jewel in the regional network, not the hub it once was, they have lost any local talent pool they may have once had.

The talent is nowhere near ready for the Gold Coast in any slot.

As I said, Dan is the only talent and he’ll be off somewhere metro next. The Mormon ex footy player would be better off on a sports show.

1 Like

As is usual at this time of year, the regional Triple M stations are doing some sort of “all time” music battle.

This year, it’s the “Greatest Number Ones of All Time”.

2 Likes

Hate these because it’s akways rigged to benefit an upcoming concert or show they are promoting, watch for it to be U2

4 Likes

Is the music on the Feel Good Triple M getting worst or is this just me… I had the privilege to listen to Triple M Albury this weekend.

2 Likes

No, unfortunately it’s just getting worse!

3 Likes