Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

seemed to work for them didn’t it - up 5.6 and across all dayparts.

The incessant bleating by some here is getting ludicrous. No they’re not perfect. No company is.

GM5FK raises millions regionally - don’t see Grant or Ace doing anything of the sort for their communities.

1 Like

That was when they were on the Greatest Hits From The 70’s to Now Log. I would like to see where they would rate now. Lol

Agree mate. Ive got to give credit when it due. They do a lot more then others. Ive always have been a big supporter of GM5FK.
Grant and ACE are to tight to do any of the sorts.

2 Likes

It wasn’t for the lack of trying either… I hear from insiders of Grants that they requested Hitz 939 to change there name, but as you would expect they told them that was not going to happen considering there name has remained the same since launch and was around long before the HIT brand was even thought of.
Good on Grants for standing there ground…
In SCA defence going to a more older format was a better idea anyway so they had the chance of been more competitive

6 Likes

Yes agree it was always a better idea, but they still had to be forced into it and yes I heard the same thing about them trying to get Hitz to change names.

2 Likes

And so is your company brown nosing. Mike, Ashley, Mickey, I’m sure they all get it by now what a champion of the company you are.

Gimme five for kids was initiated by Sarah King (treated so poorly by SCA, but hey, tip the bucket on her) as a single station fundraiser.

It is now part of the McDonald’s radio template.

Individual stations do great things for their communities, 4BU and Hitz Christmas appeal along with 2LM’s version are very successful. They also have the great connection with their communities, benefits that connect communities as radio should do daily on many levels. They also haven’t botched their brand and ditched decades of brand value.

There are good things done across many stations, SCA is not the greatest simply because they do so much of it.

2 Likes

hit and Triple M Central Queensland running local shifts tonight due to the bushfires in the region.

3 Likes

As they should be.

2 Likes

*their ground

Nice bit of Ducting this morning(about 6am) near Shepparton in Victoria. Hearing Smooth FM from Sydney overpowering Triple M Goulburn Valley on 95.3fm.

6 Likes

Wow! That’s pretty amazing!

Would it be ducting or skip?

I once picked up Smooth 91.5 on the nsw / qld border near Goondiwindi clear as a bell. Could not believe it. Lasted about 20 minutes

4 Likes

On 9 April 2015, the long standing TAB outlets in Qld, SA, NT and Tas began a rebrand to UBET.

The TAB outlets had been open since 1962 under that name.

I have a UBET account for family to place bets on Melb Cup day.

This is what I received in today’s email:

We want to tell you about some upcoming changes.

UBET is changing its name to TAB.

Over the next few weeks, your local store, your app and our website will change their logo.

All markets, offers and buttons will be in exactly the same place, along
with some new features like racing replays and previews.

Any questions? Check out our FAQs.

Regards

The UBET (strike through in email) TAB Team.

So SCA can do a u-turn on their ridiculous renaming of stations. It took Tatts Group 3+ years to realise.

SCA can reverse their poor idea a few years down the track.

2 Likes

Goodbye to the UBET Breakfast Show on RadioTAB then :man_facepalming:

A u-turn on UBET … I see what you did there! :grin:

1 Like

Back to the more sensible TAB name.

2 Likes

new websites for MMM and Hit launched today

1 Like

Different

1 Like

Wow, what a train wreck Mix Perth is. Cross branding everywhere!

1 Like

That explains why www.mix.com.au still directs to the previous design.