Southern Cross Austereo (Company)

Well, to be somewhat fair to SCA, they did try people who are “good in radio” such as Dan and Maz, who came up through the regional networks, but that didn’t work out either.

SCA definitely do lack a bit of patience however.

2 Likes

Despite some of the stuff he says on air, he’s actually quite intelligent and very radio savvy. Do you think he would’ve lasted this long if he wasn’t? He’s spot on with what he said though.

8 Likes

Dan and Maz didn’t do regional unless you’re counting Adelaide. They were poorly managed, not given enough time to build their craft before being thrown in the deep end, and then not given enough time to build their audience. It also didn’t help that Maz was an alcoholic at the time and off air the team completely failed to function.

4 Likes

Ah OK, thanks for that… I had thought they came from SEA FM.

2 Likes

Nah Nova. They were the Action Battle Team along with another bloke. Did Adelaide (maybe Perth), National Late Nights, National Nights (for a few months before Smallzy came along) and Adelaide breakfast before SCA poached them for late drive. Nova nurtured them well, but there weren’t enough opportunities and they moved around too much so we’re still quite undercooked. At Nova Adelaide is almost the equivalent of regional.

4 Likes

SCA today launches LiSTNR – a curated and personalised, free app offering radio, podcasts, music, and news, creating a new audio destination for all Australians.

2020 was a year like no other and saw profound growth in Australians’ digital audio consumption across a number of channels. Three years in development and following extensive research into consumers’ evolving audio habits and needs, LiSTNR consolidates all of SCA’s existing digital audio content plus a huge range of new and compelling premium content, all located in one free and easy to use app.

1 Like

Nothing better than an audio network with a name that needs to be spelled out or seen. Download the Listener app :slight_smile: no L-I-S-T-N-R

8 Likes

Grant Tothill becomes General Manager - Digital Audio, whilst Chris Johnson becomes Head of Digital & Innovation.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Is the LiSTNR app replacing the Hit & Triple M apps?

3 Likes

SCA today launches The Locals’ Guide , an Australian-first, interactive, voice activated guide accessible through smart speakers for community events, curated by locals, for locals.

By simply asking a smart speaker or smart assistants on phones to open The Locals’ Guide , users will be offered a curation of the best events, family activities, sporting matches and markets in their area. The Locals’ Guide is available via Alexa, Google Assistant, Sonos and Android Auto, or however you use your smart speaker.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find an appropriate thread for this, but Australia Today seems to have its own digital radio channel, at least in Sydney. Retuned my little Sangean and picked up a new channel called “AusToday”. Seems to be nothing but a loop.

2 Likes

See:

2 Likes

Correct. I did publish a post within digital radio content about it.

The day’s content loops immediately after the morning’s show. However it’s minus the commercials within the live program and there are brief news updates from various SCA journos to keep the news somewhat fresh throughout the day.

1 Like

Well I couldn’t be arsed looking it up, so sue me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do that @ElCapitanCranky as you need to have some money to post, we all enjoy your entertaining and spot on posts.

2 Likes

I will happily take everyone’s money on this forum. :wink:

In any case, the last post people would tend to argue with you with.:rofl:

3 Likes

What money? We don’t have any either.

2 Likes
5 Likes