Software Defined Radio (SDR/RTLSDR)

you would need a server and a decent long range antenna setup here in australia and run a few pis with the SDR setup…

1 Like

A terrific new plug-in for SDR# is now available for decoding the 67 & 92kHz FM audio subcarriers (SCA)

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/using-an-sdr-plugin-to-tune-into-a-broadcast-fm-sca-subcarrier-radio-reading-service-for-the-blind/

I’m only aware of one FM station in Australia (103.7 4MBS) still using subcarriers, this station uses both 67 & 92kHz subcarriers.

It would be interesting to receive any feedback from SDR# users in Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Canberra or Darwin (or other regional centres) if any other 67 or 92kHz SCA subcarrier FM broadcasters exist throughout Australia (or NZ). The ZOOM FFT (MPX Spectrum) & new SCA Plugin now makes it easy to check & listen for these broadcasts.

@TV.Cynic I’d be interested in your thoughts of this plugin in receiving 4MBS’s SCA channels.

3 Likes

Look interesting - I don’t have that SDR# software so i’ll install when I get a chance.

2 Likes

Got some interesting videos of my SDR DXing coming up soon, will post YouTube links when I get them up.

1 Like

I have been added to their block list too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes