smoothfm

If it aint broke - why fix it?

2 Likes

I still like them.

I was in Sydney the other week and it was actually a bit strange hearing a frequency at all in the jingle. Of course I’m used to listening to Smooth only on digital here in Brisbane so I’m accustomed to just hearing “Smooth FM” in the jingle.

2 Likes

Agreed- though I’ve always liked ‘Safeway’ better than ‘Woolworths’ for some odd reason.

Dublin’s Sunshine 106.8 also have the Music4 IDs:

Melissa Doyle presenting during the afternoons this week - is this new? AFAIR, she used to just host for a couple of hours on the weekends.

Melissa is probably only just filling in over the survey break. She has filled in on afternoons before.

is she live?

You would think Weekend Mornings should be broadcast live from the studio not pre recorded voice overs.

Smooth 95.3 here in Sydney are currently running in conjunction with Channel Ten for their new show “Sisters” which is clearly aimed at a female demographic:

2 Likes

According to Radioinfo, UK group Take That will join smoothfm’s weekend line-up from this Sunday 22 October to Sunday 12 November at 4pm. Take That members Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen are touring Australia for the first time in 22 years, with concerts in six cities on November 11-19.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing them play their Smooth favourites, which not surprisingly will be similar to everyone else’s who’s been in that guest weekend line-up.

2 Likes

ARIA Hall of Fame inductee Daryl Braithwaite will be part of Smooth’s ARIA Awards special this Sunday (December 3) from 4pm to 5pm. He will reflect on his music career and how he felt to be inducted for a second time.

2 Likes

What Smooth Needs in January is Top 100’s of Each Decades From The 60’s to Now on Weekends, Like the Idea? Their New Zealand Counterparts The Breeze are doing a Top 100 of the 1980’s Right Now.

4 Likes

I might buy this, should be a good read.

1 Like

Mike Perso and Melissa Doyle will host a special one-hour extended edition of the More Music Breakfast show (9am-10am), sharing the great stories of the Royal Children’s Hospital, the Good Friday Appeal and smoothfm 91.5’s involvement’s at the Kids Day Out.

And then will descent to automated, non live pap for the remainder of the weekend. That’s an audio stream, not radio.

I heard Troy Ellis on Smooth on Easter Monday sounding very good. Seems to be doing a bit of fill in on nova also

2 Likes

According to Radioinfo, British singer Sam Smith has replaced Michael Buble as the face of Smooth, with a new ad campaign to be rolled out this Sunday (April 8).

2 Likes

It’s about time they did some promotion in the DAB only cities - Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. They run local advertising. They need to keep up with SCA who are finally starting to embrace their DAB stations. They could get the jump on ARN which are hopeless with their DAB offerings.

1 Like

I don’t know about hopeless… I do like how The 80s/The 90s are ad free save for the occasional iHeart Radio app plug. Bit rates are woeful still.