smoothfm

3 Likes

I agree with what you’re saying there. I don’t listen to Smooth as much as I used to for that reason above.

To prove the point, here’s the music log from yesterday:
Smooth 95.3 - Sydney, NSW - Monday 8th July 2019 - 9am-6pm AEST

And there’s one from August last year for comparison:
Smooth 95.3 - Sydney, NSW - Thursday 16th August 2018 - 9am-6pm AEST

1 Like

Bring Back more 60’s and 70’s Please Smooth FM?

2 Likes

I’ve only been listening to Smooth on DAB for the last month and in that time I’ve noticed they do flog some songs,most time I still enjoy listening.Does Smooth on DAB differ much from Smooth FM?

A little bit.

Here’s the comparisons from today (9am-6pm):
Smooth 95.3 Sydney
Smooth DAB Brisbane

Jo Hall is filling in for Jennifer Hansen next week on smoothfm 91.5.

1 Like

Yes they were better 12 months ago IMO but still good.

2 Likes

4 Likes

That seems to suggest Jo is only filling in as newsreader, not as a presenter for Jennifer?

1 Like

Sounds like Mike is filling in for Jen and Jo is filling in for Mike.

1 Like

Not a regular listener but Jen Hansen is the newsreader but also contributes throughout the show. Gold FM is similar.

1 Like

Oh I thought Jennifer was the presenter and Mike the news reader.

Whoops.

1 Like

The artwork is very cheap, the “Join Mike…” photo.

1 Like

Hardly artwork - it’s been ripped from the station’s Instagram story

2 Likes

Exactly, it looks cheap on whatever medium it is.

2 Likes

I assume you don’t use instagram stories?

1 Like

I’m aware of them, I simply find it cheap looking artwork for a commercial entity. Ok if Joe Blogg’s dog has a new hat, not when you’ve got a major product to sell.

I’m going to call it - Smooth has taken a turn for the worse. In the last month they’ve turned into iHeart 80s! I can’t tell the difference between the two anymore. Not only have they moved up tempo but they’re playing a narrow range of wall to wall 80s. Don’t get me wrong I love the 80s, but what I loved about Smooth was the rare 60s and 70s songs that would be like ‘wow’.

I haven’t been wowed by anything Smooth have played in weeks. The odd 70s song they do play is only the most over-flogged song.

Why would they mess with a winning formula?

3 Likes

Then they play songs like Fantasy by Mariah Carey which certainly don’t scream smooth to me.

I miss the old 60’s stuff like Spanish Harlem by Ben E King and newer songs like the remake of Sara Smile by Rumer.

Hope they haven’t become a victim of their own success :frowning:

3 Likes

Or in the context of Sydney & Melbourne, where Smooth is available on FM, they’re basically sounding more similar to WS & Gold respectively.

See the playlists from this morning below to prove my point:

Smooth 95.3 Sydney - 7/8/19 - 9-11am
WSFM Sydney - 7/8/19 - 9-11am AEST
Gold Melbourne - 7/8/19 - 9-11am AEST

1 Like