smoothfm

I’ve been a Smooth listener the last two years since moving to Melbs but the music, the same artist and same songs over and over started to get on my nerves. Even though it’s all my type of artists and songs I like.

Recently i’ve switched to Gold 104.3 and really enjoying their tunes.

6 Likes

I tend to listen to the radio for a few weeks, then take a break for a few weeks or well over a month. It helps break up the repetitiveness. Smooth needs to play more of the older stuff they used to play.

3 Likes

Yes I have noticed that too. But when I drive and want no ads (here in Perth on DAB+ only) it is comfort and soothing.

As some may know they are replanning FM here in Perth and maybe there will be a new commercial FM license. I would think Smooth FM would be a front-runner. Was at Farmer Jack’s yesterday, they were actually playing Smooth FM.

3 Likes

Yeah I listen to Smooth Perth too when I don’t want ads or announcers.

2 Likes

Smooths Top 500 is currently happening.

Just heard ‘here’s a favourite that didn’t quite make the list’.

So basically they are just playing the same music lol

7 Likes

Don’t know if there are any other ads in this campaign, but the one I saw tonight was a 15 Seconder with a bloke preparing a gourmet meal for his dog while Smooth was playing “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire.

Overall I’d say it’s ​better than 2DayFM’s current campaign (can’t imagine those “Another Morning Crew Moment” spots resonating with many), but not quite as good as WSFM’s “Jonesy & Amanda Doll” ads which are probably the best we’ve seen from any Sydney radio station in several years. But of course, that’s just my personal opinion. Only time will tell what advertising resonates best with the wider population! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just heard a traffic update for Canberra on SmoothFM Sydney. I thought they didn’t use the Australian Traffic Network for their traffic reports. Given that Nova doesn’t have any Canberra stations it was weird that it got through.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if the DAB Smooth stations in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide have news, traffic, sport and weather updates?

1 Like

I listen to Smooth Perth (from Melbs) for this very reason. No news, traffic or weather together. Barely any announcer commentary - just tunes. And the odd couple of localised ads thrown in.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that several Nova stations - including smoothfm 91.5/95.3 and Star 104.5 - no longer have updated logs on Lava.

Maybe they can’t take criticism? :rofl:

6 Likes

OK. I’ve heard everything now.

A song by - wait for it - Justin Bieber on smooth 95.3. :nauseated_face:

Followed a couple of songs later by “Summer of '69”.

What is ‘smooth’ about that?

9 Likes

These days smooth is the oldies easy listening station. And 2Day is the younger easy listening station.

3 Likes

Smooth have lost the plot.

5 Likes

I’ve spent all day listening to Smooth Relax and thinking this is the playlist they need to return to.

4 Likes

Guys I’m 98% certain I know the final voice on SmoothStars! Now just to be able to actually get through!

1 Like

Unless your name is Stacey and you’re from Casula you haven’t got a chance.

11 Likes

:sob:

4 Likes

Probably all already recorded months ago.

6 Likes

Interesting choice for a host.

He probably won’t talk very much - after all, he usually says it best when he says nothing at all.

9 Likes