Sky News Regional

Crossbench supporters and undecided voters are not necessarily labor supporters although their votes prop up the government

The point is that there’s a sizeable number of people in Canberra (not necessary 50% every election) who may not consider themselves on the left

As a point of clarification, ACT Labor have been in a coalition with the ACT Greens since 2012.

1 Like

Not really related to the above article, but it did remind me of how amazed I was at how all the news and information about Sky News Regional, particularly the political commentary and brief outrage when it began, failed to acknowledge that Sky News in regional areas was already a thing for 3 years. That it will have ramifications on the political landscape in regional areas like we’ve never seen before. Well, where the fuck were you 3 years ago? Even Sky themselves treated it like a brand new era.

7 Likes

Correct, even Kevin Rudd falsely claimed that Sky “greatly expanded” in regional areas despite losing a number of markets, including the entire state of Tasmania.

Has anyone got some caps of Sky News Breakfast BTW?

1 Like

You have to hand it to News Corp, they know how to get attention.

3 Likes

Sky News Breakfast:

7 Likes

Looks great.

I still don’t get why this show exists.

Why does Sky produce 2 simultaneous breakfast shows? Must require double the resources every morning.

I’d say this is more regional focused while Sky News Australia’s is more metro/national based?

But surely the regional version would be better simulcast in the main Ten (SCA) and Ten (WIN) stations?

1 Like

It seems quite cheap and probably uses the same resources from the other program in some way.

The reporters do appear on both.

I’ve assumed it’s to not air Seven/Nine sourced reports.

Surely that wouldn’t require two shows to do that? They could just hire a couple of more journalists if that’s the case.

As @rock12 said, the content would be tailored to different audiences given who they’re produced for.

Someone ex Sky PMd me and said it’s because Sky buys pictures off 7 News & 9 News and the deal does not include airing those pictures on Ten affiliates (SCA)

Those pictures are used mostly in First Edition and rolling news coverage (hence lots of Fox Sports) on the FTA feed of Sky

7 Likes

Caps of Breakfast this morning:

Unlike Sky News On WIN, there doesn’t appear to be any local branding on this channel, apart from the bug. This was the only local promo I have seen:

All the other promos/IDs are the ‘real’ Sky version, including TOTH countdowns:

3 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if Southern Cross Austereo minds that the logo on their Sky News Regional channel still bears the WIN branding on Fetch devices ten months after the affiliation swap?

2 Likes

Fetch’s logos are so out of date.

A post was merged into an existing topic: SBS Worldwatch

I doubt that SCA cares enough about regional television to notice something like that.

6 Likes