Sky News Regional

No Sky News at all in Tasmania but Nine Life is back

2 Likes

Since Apire was a shopping channel maybe you have the channel hidden, that was the case for me anyway

2 Likes

Central Qld --My 5 year old Samsung non smart tv has picked up 9 Life but going through the channels Sky News nowhere to be seen.

I’m sure it’s there it’s just removed it for some reason.

Weird - just checked the newer 2018 Samsung smart tv in the other room , Sky News not showing up either.

So can anyone explain why it isn’t showing for Ch 56? I’m in Yeppoon not far from the regional city of Rockhampton… i thought this deal meant we would also see Sky News Regional here in regional Qld?

1 Like

No have never hidden a channel, the channels are there but the names of the channels are muddled up

2 Likes

Edit - Rescanned and it is showing Ch 56… weird as just typing 56 before it didn’t show .

1 Like

It’s not going to be an instant change. It can take a while.

Maybe the next day

Why do the network IDs prominently feature wheat silos, farms, cattle stations and the like?

The vast majority Of Sky News Regional’s audience live in large urban cities like Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong & Gold Coast.

Such strange brand positioning.

2 Likes

Just comes with the territory and “regional” branding. It is part of their identity whether those in Wollongong or Maroochydore like it or not.

Can’t imagine Sky News Regional having a terribly huge audience in these regions, knowing how they vote.

The first and only time I saw Sky News on WIN in the Newcastle market, the ads were mainly for businesses based on the Gold Coast and NSW North Coast.

3 Likes

Thats not the market they’re interested in targetting

5 Likes

What’s the market they’re targeting and how do we know ?

They’re interested in the regional areas that overlap coalition held, “right or right leaning” federal seats - their content aimed at the “regions” is aimed squarely there

5 Likes

Their target markets are anywhere they can instill fear into communities and sow discontent for authority and distrust of people who live in the inner cities.

7 Likes

Pretty much.

TBH I would’ve thought that the far right post-6pm Sky News content was likely to resonate most in regional areas which are a bit further away from + likely have less multiculturalism than major capital cities and regional centres.

3 Likes

Paul Murray started his show tonight by acknowledging Sky News Regional viewers

(Apology for the poor screenshot with him blinking)

3 Likes

Did anyone happen to see the new “Sky News @ Breakfast” show?

I don’t think its up and running yet. Fox Sports News was on for an extended period this morning and is scheduled to air 5am to 10am tomorrow.

Got it thanks

The pre-empts are still head scratchers to me

• why not just air first edition?
  • why remove one hour of news day but keep the other
  • why remove 1 hour of afternoon agenda to repeat Paul Murray

I get putting some Fox Sports News content on there - probably rates well too especially on weekends

But I wonder what’s behind the removal of first edition, half of newsday and half of afternoon agenda