Silvia’s Italian Table

###Silvia’s Italian Table premiers on ABC TV Thursday 6 October at 8PM

Silvia’s Italian Table…where amazing food and great conversation are served up.

Silvia’s Italian Table is a unique eight-part cooking and celebrity chat series presented by cook Silvia Colloca.

Silvia grew up in Milan where daily life revolved around the kitchen table, and where cooking and conversation went hand in hand. Now she wants to share her heritage with Australia, inviting three interesting personalities into her kitchen to cook simple, mouthwatering Italian dishes while sharing stories about their lives and the things that matter most to them.

The series will see self-taught cook Silvia Colloca, who now lives in Sydney, lead three celebrities around the kitchen bench and dining table as they cook an entrée, main and dessert together, all the while serving up delicious conversation.

The conversations in each 30 minute episode are themed – with topics such as ‘family’, ‘defiance’ and ‘courage’ - leaving viewers not just entertained, but also feeling like they’re at the dinner party engaging in chat and getting to know some of Australia’s most familiar faces a little better.

In each episode, Silvia will also take viewers to some of the most stunning parts of Italy as she shares her memories and the inspiration for recipes that tie in with the dishes she cooks with her guests.

As Silvia breaks bread with her guests, the conversation will take numerous and varied directions, often resulting in laughs, tears and intimate thoughts.

The personalities featured are diverse and eclectic, including former Olympians Ian Thorpe, Cathy Freeman and Lauren Jackson, authors Kathy Lette and Tara Moss, actress and comedian Magda Szubanski, former politician Amanda Vanstone, renowned journalists George Negus, Ita Buttrose, Emma Alberici and Sarah Ferguson, acclaimed chef Matt Moran, actresses Marta Dusseldorp, Lisa McCune and Claudia Karvan, and artist Ken Done.

The guests will be invited to cook with Silvia, rolling up their sleeves while being guided by her to create a gourmet Italian masterpiece.

“Life in Italy revolves around food, its preparation, and of course, eating and enjoying good conversation,” says Silvia. “It’s the fuel that sparks the Italian way of living – loud and passionate!
“I"m very excited to welcome some of the most interesting personalities in Australia to cook alongside me and share their stories, and I want my Italian Table to be a warm place, abundant with food to enjoy, and full of honest conversation.”

1 Like