Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell

They are filming a doco for ABC to be shown about the building, will be shown after the final episode of the Ex-PM later this year. They made a big deal about the studios last night at the taping.

1 Like

Opening sketch was dreadful tonight, but hell did they give that set a run for its money. Excited for Ex-PM, forgot that the late John Clarke was on board.

Shaun Micallef’s Mad As Hell Season 8

Returns Wednesday 31 January at 8:30pm

9 Likes

Hopefully The Weekly is therefore taking a permanent hiatus.

7 Likes

That’s awesomely early.

4 Likes

Can’t imagine it’ll stick around now that we have Tonightly on ABC Comedy - they’re too similar.

1 Like

Wow, I heard February, that’s super early. Awesome.

1 Like

Weekly has been renewed already

1 Like

Thought I’d share the episode description

In a move guaranteed to prompt a flurry of poorly worded questions at the next Senate Estimates Committee, Shaun Micallef’s MAD AS HELL returns in 2018 for its own record-breaking eighth season. Like a frenzied ape running amok in a museum of priceless Tiffany lamps, the Mad As team cleverly deconstructs Australian politics in the hope that it can be rebuilt into something more useful, like a giant Lithium battery, a climate policy that makes sense or perhaps an ashtray. Stars Shaun Micallef, Roz Hammond, Emily Taheny, Stephen Hall and Tosh Greenslade - with special guest star Francis Greenslade as ‘Dr Smith’.

Returns Wednesday 31 January at 8:30pm

4 Likes

Mad As Hell: Embracing the hell out of diversity

Shaun Micallef’s Mas As Hell returns next Wednesday (31 Jan) at 8:30pm on ABC.

Stars Shaun Micallef, Roz Hammond, Emily Taheny, Stephen Hall and Tosh Greenslade - with special guest star Francis Greenslade as ‘Dr Smith’.

2 Likes

that awkward moment when you’re visiting the parents and Mad As Hell is on the TV and in the first sketch is a spot of full frontal nudity :hushed:

I mean there was the obligatory “nudity” clause in the classification warning but didn’t quite expect to see sausage! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Had my mother drop in once while I was watching an episode of Tosh.0. The show was nearly over so I kept watching but, unfortunately, it ended with a skit in which Tosh simulated a homosexual sex act in an elevator. I don’t know who was more mortified.

All i could think of while watching that opening sketch tonight on Mad As Hell was how many strongly worded complaint letters from prudish, disgruntled ABC viewers ACMA would be receiving this week.

If only there was Backchat

Have to say that it’s probably the first time I’ve ever seen full frontal nudity on the ABC.

I’m thinking Luke McGregor’s Luke Warm Sex may have had some.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s happened before. I seem to remember some skits from The Chaser boys involved full frontal nudity which caused “outrage” at the time. :laughing:

Also has happened in dramas and movies. There was a brief male full frontal scene in Riot on Sunday. Back in the 90s, I can remember there was a drama series called Phoenix (or maybe spin-off Janus) which was controversial because it featured a scene in a police station change room or gym where the officer came out of the shower and had a naked conversation for most of the scene.

That certainly made it on to Backchat!

1 Like

Lee Lin Chin was reached for comment: “penises”

8 Likes

ABC Television, hold the line please

2 Likes

Master Surgeon - The Complete Season now available on iView. :joy:

1 Like

The typical Ray Hadley listener at home.

5 Likes