Shark Tank

Is there a host for this?

1 Like

Sarah Harris did the narration for the original run, but there isn’t a traditional host as such.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Our Sharks Are Looking For The Next Big Aussie Thing.

All New Shark Tank Australia. Premieres Tuesday, 29 August At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

From Google Maps, the bionic ear and the refrigerator, to plastic banknotes, penicillin and Wi-Fi, Aussie ingenuity has given the world some of its finest inventions.

Premiering Tuesday, 29 August at 7.30pm, watch as our hungry, new Shark Tank Australia Sharks - Marketing King, Sabri Suby; A.I guru, Dr. Catriona Wallace, The Oodie creator, Davie Fogarty; fashion phenomenon, Jane Lu; and OG Shark, Robert Herjavec – hunt for the next big Aussie invention.

Who will deliver the perfect pitch and propel their business to new heights with a big cash investment from our powerhouse Sharks?

Sneak peek of all-new Shark Tank Australia:

2 Likes
1 Like

I know the show is yet to go to air, however from what we’ve seen so far, the production values of this new version seem a fair bit cheaper than the previous.

As well the set looks significantly smaller (anyone know where it was filmed, 10’s Pyrmont studios?), and for the most part they’ve gone with a younger and possibly more unknown shark line-up.

Will also be interesting to see how the show compares and competes in a 7:30 timeslot (though it aired a few times there previously) as well, no doubt Tuesday nights chosen after its most recent seasons aired on that evening too.

2 Likes

Were the people in previous line-ups well known before they appeared on the show though?

3 Likes

Depends on the individual perhaps, but I knew more of the previous line-up and felt they would’ve been more widely known.

This time they seem to have gone with a largely newer suite of entrepreneurs for a new generation, which don’t seem to have the same gravitas.

Guess it remains to be fully seen when the show premieres next week.

3 Likes

Brands Bite Into All-New Shark Tank Australia On 10.

ANZ, Optus And Xero Collaborate With Paramount Brand Studio To Partner With Shark Tank Australia.

Shark Tank Australia is back in business, partnering with key sponsors, ANZ, Optus and Xero when it premieres tonight, Tuesday, 29 August at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play.

Paramount Brand Studio has created and produced a host of content with these brands, that will live across Paramount ANZ’s diverse ecosystem and partner channels.

The unique content will harness the themes, talent, and IP of the format, strengthening their sponsorship alignment and deepening brand attention with the audience.

Tamar Hovagimian, Head of Integration & Partnerships, Paramount Brand Studio, said: “The commercial appetite for Shark Tank Australia is strong showing entrepreneurship, innovation, and small business opportunities resonate with so many brands including ANZ, Optus and Xero.

“Shark Tank Australia is a unique combination of business and entertainment. The business insights it offers viewers sets it apart from other shows and makes it a distinctive and engaging format. We’re excited to showcase our sponsors alongside this unique and entertaining format.”

Lucy Gribble, ANZ Head of Marketing - Australia Commercial, said: “We’re proud to be partnering with this season of Shark Tank Australia as the show strongly aligns to ANZ’s focus on supporting small businesses to start, run and grow, as the engine room of Australia’s economy.”

Bianca Welch, Marketing Director, Xero Australia, said: “Australia is a nation full to the brim with entrepreneurial spirit and Shark Tank Australia has long been a platform supporting the dreamers and doers to bring their ideas to life and inspire others in the process.

“Xero is excited to be playing a part in the show’s return. We can’t wait to see what innovations this next generation of entrepreneurs bring to the Sharks and our screens. This partnership allows Xero to reach a national audience, while connecting us with those who are actively shaping the business landscape and driving our economy forward.”

New Sharks to the feeding frenzy include Marketing King, Sabri Suby; A.I guru, Dr. Catriona Wallace, The Oodie creator, Davie Fogarty; fashion phenomenon, Jane Lu; and OG Shark, Robert Herjavec, who are on the hunt for the next big Aussie invention.

Which Aussie budding entrepreneurs will be given the chance to secure business deals that could make them millionaires?

Shark Tank Australia is based on the Dragons’ Den format owned by Japan’s Nippon TV and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. It will be produced for Network 10 by SPT’s Curio Pictures.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think this will pun intended, tank. It’s up against 2 huge shows and nobody wants to watch young rich people flaunt their wealth and try and to make more money.

2 Likes

I’m happy they’ve brought the show back and think it’s a great format, I’m just not that good enthused to watch it based on what we’ve seen so far - will reserve any further thoughts until I’ve watched it. Just hate that it takes them so long to make shows available on P+ (and you never really know if some shows will or not) as I’d rather watch ad free and on demand.

2 Likes

Some vision of the set this moring

3 Likes

Sarah Harris is back as the narrator for the show

3 Likes

Unfortunately you might be right and it will tank, however I don’t agree about the “young rich people”. The American guy is quite old and if these young people help others further their businesses, I say good luck to them. And I wouldn’t watch the two “huge shows” even if the Shark Tankers paid me to. :grin:

A promo featuring Jane Lu aired during tonight’s season premiere, pointing viewers to go to the ANZ website for the latest small business tips.

2 Likes

Not a bad opening episode. Well produced and good stories going with the products. Pretty entertaining. Good to have something like this in prime time. Adds variety to the schedule.

10 is not very broadly watched but they have some really good prime time programming lately. There’s no accounting for the taste of Australians who blindly watch 7 and the continual dross they dish up night after night.

11 Likes

Agree. Great show. The set overall is definitely cheaper than the past version but it was still good to watch.

1 Like

Good opening episode; enjoyed the range of products. The new sharks settled in very quickly; you can get an idea of how the roles they are going to play.

2 Likes

Sharks Put Health And Well-Being First.

All New Shark Tank Australia. Tuesdays At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

On tonight’s Shark Tank Australia season premiere, our brand-new sharks armed with their own cash*,* and brand-new Aussie entrepreneurs, were ready to enter a brand-new Tank for the chance to change their lives forever.

First up in the Tank was 28-year-old Davey from Victoria, founder of skincare brand, Boring Without You. The business had seen phenomenal organic traction through TikTok, over its nine-month inception, with Davey seeking $36,000 for 20% equity. Impressed, Marketing King Sabri, e-commerce giant Davie, fashion phenomenon Jane, and global businessman Robert, counter-offered for a chunk of Davey’s business, with the entrepreneur snapping up an irresistible offer of $50,000 for 20%, from his favourite shark, Davie.

Putting his best foot forward and waiting for his chance to face the Sharks, was Victorian entrepreneur and podiatrist, Thien. Ready to stop pain from the feet up, Thien was seeking $50,000 for a 10% stake in his cork insole business, STRYDA. Emotions ran high as Thien revealed his upbringing as a refugee from Vietnam, striking a chord with Shark Robert, who fought back tears as he told his story of growing up as an immigrant in a foreign country. As the only insole made with over 90% cork and impressive margins to back, Sabri, Davie, Jane and Robert bandied together and made Thien a deal he couldn’t refuse - $50,000 for 40% of the business.

Unfortunately, missing out on investments tonight, were the lightweight portable mini-cinema Pixxie; robotic sparring device, the Punching Pro; and innovative men’s underwear brand, VANTA.

Next Tuesday, expect the unexpected, with a dog dunny, beauty for men, and a house of retro games.

Loved it. Glad it’s back. Not sold on all the sharks yet but it was ep one so I’m sure they will grow on me.
Unfortunately I don’t hold much hope for ratings against 7 and 9, god knows why Australians so blindly watch those channel. Saw a repeat of the voice yesterday and wow it is average. The singers, the judging, the hosting and the editing. Just average. The traitors is so much better as a reality offer but most people have no idea about it and I agree that ten have done a poor job promoting it

1 Like