Sexual Harassment Allegations in Australian Media

If it is true that 200 people have come forward just about Don Burke then who knows how widespread this is

2 Likes

Jonathan Moran has retweeted his front page story a few times this morning. Rush responds.

That front page is disgraceful! I agree that if he’s proven to be innocent then his defamation payout will be enormous.

I think it’s time to get rid of the ‘pun’ writers at the papers. More and more they’re coming up with ridiculous heading that are often different to the actual story. This heading is a shocker and should never have been approved.

2 Likes

It may be a hard line to give voice to those who haven’t, while not undermining efforts by publishing non credible claims.

hmmm

explains a lot

4 Likes

Geoffrey Rush is claiming he doesn’t know who has made the allegations against him or what they are, but News Corp claims that the chief executive of the STC had a discussion with Rush three weeks ago and that he was told the identity of the woman. That claim by News Corp is odd though as the STC stated the woman doesn’t want Rush to know who she is, so why would the CEO go against her wishes and tell Rush. There’s misinformation from someone here. This won’t go away anytime soon.

Former Nine Network publicist Annette Sharp writes about the culture at Nine.

Implications? I thought he was cleared.

I guess we will see. The woman accusing him has had her name revealed all over social media.

Geoffrey Rush has announced he will be taking legal action against The Daily Telegraph for defamation. He says the stories published about him are false.

1 Like

The Daily Telegraph was very foolish to print such a defamatory heading. They were probably too busy bragging about their ‘world exclusive’ to stop and remember that the comments about Rush are only allegations at this stage.

It was The Daily Telegraph.

You’re right, apologies. Now corrected. I guess I could get a lawsuit too for not checking my facts!

2 Likes

The Daily Telegraph will defend their report.

they probably looked at all the kudos Fairfax and ABC was getting and decided this was their “Don Burke moment”. Suckers!

5 Likes

News Corp reports former Seven reporter Amy Taeuber released on Twitter yesterday a formal statement in response to what she called “a barrage of allegations” which were part of an “orchestrated smear campaign”.

Perhaps not related to Australian media, but Jarryd Hayne has been caught up in rape allegations. The alleged incident supposedly happened during him time in the United States.

Parramatta were unaware of any allegations until today. Hayne has issued a denial:

Tracey Spicer awarded for her work on #metoo.

6 Likes