Seven West Media

Sounds like an exclusive deal which would mean this is his last season of Jungle

2 Likes
6 Likes

That “For Lease” sign went up last year and I posted a photo of it on Media Spy.

2 Likes

Chris Brown to be part of a news/current affairs panel show at 7pm, Home and Away moves to 7.30 -an hour twice a week. That’s my speculation.
They did talk about drama being scheduled at 7.30…

2 Likes

Today Tonight revival maybe? Or national Flashpoint? Should be on 7two.

1 Like

Permanent replacement for Dr Harry Cooper. BH&G will transition from Cooper to Brown for the animals segment next year.

3 Likes

With Carrie Bickmore. :wink:

4 Likes

The sign was up last November when i was in Sydney

2 Likes

They should wait until they move to their new studios and then launch.

1 Like

I know this debate has been done several times and this isn’t the right thread, but why on earth would Seven want a news/current affairs show at 7pm? The market is already filled with four options in The Project, ACA, ABC News and SBS World News. You’d struggle to find enough viewers for a fifth news program - why would they leave what they’re already watching when Seven would basically be producing the exact same? Home and Away is an alternative for those not interested in news and is rating well this year. We need to look after Australian drama.

1 Like

Are you worried that they will produce a high rating program that will be too woke for your conservative views? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Can’t beat ‘em?

Join ‘em.

Chris will likely do BH&G, some Sunrise/TMS and probably front one of the primetime reality shows or an animal themed show.

5 Likes

One day you guys will let this go. It’s not going to happen.

Home and Away is safe at 7:00pm and on the main channel no matter how much it irritates some people here.

8 Likes

I have to agree. If it was going to happen, it would have beteen the end of Sunday Night and the beginning of Spotlight. H&A performs strongly enough to remain in the slot.

For sure Chris will transition into BH&G as Dr Harry retires, and also serve as fill-in for Larry on TMS (unsure if they’ll use him for Sunrise outside of a guest). But he’ll for sure do packages and guest spots across both.

I’m also certain he’ll work on some specials or limited series to help fill out the schedule, maybe even a Spotlight or two.

I am guessing Chris will go to BH&G (maybe an animal spot) and occasional/weekly spots on TMS/Sunrise. Maybe another show but who knows, this is based on what is currently at the network.

As for people saying Chris should front a 7pm news show, I highly doubt it. Even know ACA/ABC News smashes H&A in ratings, it still does good enough to not be moved to 7two or axed. And besides, he doesn’t have much news experience so I don’t think it will happen. Even if a new 7pm news show is made I think Seven would want someone else to host.

1 Like

Guys this is a thread for SWM the company, let’s not get too carried away around the minutiae around Dr Brown’s appointment esp given he doesn’t even start until July

11 Likes

HT&E is the parent company of ARN, who owns radio stations including KIIS, WS, Gold, as well as a number of regional stations that they’ve acquired from Grant Broadcasters early last year.

1 Like

This would scale them up a bit closer to Nine

1 Like

How much of HT&Es portfolio would have to be sold off to make that work?