Seven & Ten News (SCA)

That was horrible.
Why wasn’t Louise Hedger made the new anchor (given she presented the weather?)

2 Likes

Isn’t Louise also a reporter for the Tasmanian bulletin?

1 Like

At least they’ve ditched the misleading intro voiceover.

2 Likes

Sounds a bit welsh to me.
He comes across as very fresh in front of an autocue to say the least.

5 Likes

Yep, Louise is often used for live crosses during the Tasmanian bulletin and is also out during the day filing other reports.

1 Like

Britt Aylen was the one who presented the weather. Louise Hedger was the old anchor, and doubled as a secondary Tasmania anchor.

Does he ever blink throughout that whole bulletin? :joy:

5 Likes

In that posted clip, Louise filled in.

I love how the story re Broken Hill speeding fine shows a police station clearly marked ‘Port Pirie’

:flushed:

PLEASE. MAKE. HIM. STOP. SHOUTING.

And he needs to blink.

That wasn’t as awful as I was expecting. Dude has to learn to blink though

1 Like

7 Nightly News is for journalists who “didn’t make it” in the industry. Soz.

1 Like

I think you mean Nightly News on 7 Spencer Gulf :stuck_out_tongue:

now that’s unfair on so many levels. Many Journalists get their start there and go on to great things.

13 Likes

Definitely not the case for past Spencer Gulf anchors. Tim Hatfield, Ali Drower, Fraser Goldsworthy, Abby Donaldson, Louise Hedger. Alex Sykes on TDT/Darwin updates is also very professional.

Indeed. Will McDonald and Rosanna Mangiarelli are two recognisable faces that started with the Spencer Gulf news.

6 Likes

Virginia Langeberg (currently at SBS after stints at BBC World & Nine Adelaide) is another one you can add to the list of former Central-Southern Cross-Seven GTS/BKN newsreaders.

Anyway, from what I can tell the presenters aren’t really a problem with that bulletin. Like most regional news services, it’s a place for journalists to get their start in the industry before (hopefully) moving onto bigger & better things.

If anything needs fixing, it’s the On-Air Presentation by a considerable margin. Why are they still using a mix of old and new elements? :confused:

4 Likes

Just watched the clip. All I can say is, Wow… that was so bad!

2 Likes

That’s very true, journos need somewhere to start. But then there are some who just aren’t fit for the job. I think this guy’s been with NNO7SG/SCNSA for over 5 years now. I guess regional audiences are more forgiving?

1 Like

I actually thought there were a couple of decent enough stories in there, obviously not at metro standards of production but solid reporting nonetheless.

1 Like

Include Kate Freeband

1 Like