Seven & Ten News (SCA)

because that’s where the news is presented from.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean they have to publicise it.

SCA has never shied away from where they’ve presented the news since shifting from Port Pirie to Canberra

2 Likes

Bit of a revolving door there lately…

Doesn’t every bulletin start with a “live from our Spencer Gulf Studios” voiceover? :thinking:

3 Likes

they may have started that recently in Tasmania, but when the bulletin was in Canberra, SCA advertised on their website how the bulletin was produced and where it was presented from

Yes, except for the “Live” part.

They technically aren’t lying though, is IS coming from the Spencer Gulf bulletin’s studios (it just happens the production studio is in Hobart :joy:)

4 Likes

Oops, thanks. I haven’t really watched since Hatters moved on. #putyournoodlesout

Not lying, just very misleading.

3 Likes

VERY.

I would like to see Media Watch take Southern Cross to piece on this.

It’s a bit like a product being made overseas and then labelled “From our Australian warehouse”, which may imply it was made here, when they really mean it’s being sitting in their warehouse here before it hits the shelves.

ACCC or ACMA should also intervene.

8 Likes

Only if you ask nicely

4 Likes

Tasmania and Spencer Gulf Bulletins from Tuesday:

4 Likes

Some more Spencer Gulf Content.

16th April:

Special ANZAC Day bulletin:

4 Likes

There’s a new weather presenter on Seven Tasmania News. Jacqui, not sure of her surname.

1 Like

Is the outdated transition bend that appears to be the 2011-2012 National Seven News bulletin opener (with the update music bend in the background) still in use?

2 Likes

I think this bulletin from March was done from the Hobart studio:

Compare Hobart and Launceston:

2 Likes

Pretty cool that they’ve got two sets that are so similar that they can present the bulletin from either and the viewers (mostly) wouldn’t even notice.

1 Like

If they replaced the 7 Tasmania light box with a generic “Nightly News” one they could open the GTS/BKN bulletin with a wide shot too.

Nightly News 7 Spencer Gulf - 13 May 2019. John Hunt presenting for first time.

3 Likes

Wow that was bad!

3 Likes

I think I just found my new avatar

4 Likes

What accent is that?

1 Like