Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Notice the opening graphics are slightly based off Melbourne’s red and white graphics.

For comparison:

9 Likes

Ah yes, I reckon that would have been it. A big story and local.

2 Likes

Yet Tasmania’s look superior.

Looks fantastic! It would be great if this became a more regular feature, and not just for the opening story but for key stories in the bulletin as well. They’ve got the best regional set in the country and it even rivals some of their network counterpart’s sets, they should show it off more often!

6 Likes

Just saw one at about 9.10pm.

Big improvement in presentation compared to a few weeks ago - one COVID story, one sport story, and tomorrow’s weather.

The presentation and pacing almost made me forget how basic the updates are. Almost.

4 Likes

Plus introducing a Weather Preview just before the Second Commercial Break.

Another update at 10pm

“Manooka” Oval :expressionless:

7 Likes

Another one aired at 9:59… So two updates in HYBPA. There seems to be no consistency as to when these updates air.
At least people see them in HYBPA, I guess.

2 Likes

Yes, heard that in an update last week too…. Dead giveaway that these aren’t local.

For the non-Canberrans, the suburb of Manuka is called “Mar-nica” (like “Monica”) locally.

But of course, the SCA presenters are saying “Manooka”

3 Likes

I’d hate to think how they pronounce Gungahlin and Wanniassa

2 Likes

“Unsold ad spots? Just chuck in an update”. Gee SCA really don’t give a rat’s about these 10 stations at all.

Prime7 and WIN Northern NSW/GC have scheduled News Updates. You know what time to expect them.

1 Like

There’s a schedule.

Tasmania’s morning update looks great with footage today. They even have a nice swipe animation between headlines :slight_smile:

24 Likes

That’s a pretty good update for SCA. If they can get all the markets to that standard then they’ll be pretty good for what they are.

6 Likes

The Illawarra update that just aired had file footage at the end as well. Too bad they couldn’t get the Warrawong pronunciation right though. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Coming along very nicely now! It just feels odd without the theme playing in the background. They should get a copy of that alternate 10 News First theme Studio 10 uses.

1 Like

Tasmania’s afternoon update also includes story footage. Nice to see a national weather map, too.

15 Likes

Amazing what a difference some file footage or 10-20 seconds worth of footage for a current story makes to these updates.

If they can keep that up, and remember to keep the music bed going, I would feel comfortable awarding them five out of five winking broughies for presentation.

27 Likes

:astonished: Such an accolade has never been awarded before. This will surely keep them striving for the best.

13 Likes

How did Sophie pronounce Warrawong?

1 Like