Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I do understand the need for local news to be centralized to save money - but at the very least

A newsroom, bureau and set and journalists need to be based in each state.

So for SC Nine it would be: Maroochydore, Canberra, Ballarat at the very least.

And they need to hire journalists. Who are based in these areas.

Not uninstudents with a a media degree who live in Canberra

1 Like

Some of the things on that ticker are just ridiculous!

For example:

And here’s how relevant that is to people on the Sunshine Coast:

12 Likes

Probably one of the better presenters that they have, but her pronunciation of Sunshine Coast & Maroochydore is well off… very clear she’s not a local.

5 Likes

I swear I heard her say soonshine lol

5 Likes

Also had some trouble with Launceston too with a bit of mainlander sneaking in there. For those who don’t know the difference it’s Lonceston rather than Lawnceston.

3 Likes

Today’s SCA Nine Local News Headlines.

Spelling mistake on the ticker…

Spelling mistake on the OTS…

4 Likes

Here’s a couple more things from today’s Local News Headlines.

Firstly, I’ve seen the OTS picture before, where did they steal it from? It’s not one of the ABC’s images is it?

Secondly, could they not have found a better quality image to use in the OTS here!! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

I really can’t believe how amateur SCA’s TV presentation is considering how professional their radio stations are.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m sure that plenty of mockers here could do a better job at graphics for SCA’s TV stations! :confused:

Judging by their news updates, I really hope that Nine themselves are going to be producing those future full local news services for SCA!

5 Likes

I honestly don’t know why they bother with the crappy on-screen graphics and OTS shit. Surely a well designed backdrop and weather graphic would do wonders for the presentation.

Then I guess, the content and delivery will still be of sub-standard anyway :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

probably a stock image. Mind you, you’ve seen one pic of Parliament House you’ve probably seen them all.

7 Likes

Didn’t someone post that these news bulletins are not happening until 2017? A lot can happen before then. SC’s ratings will need to pick up first before they can afford what they promised, but by then perhaps with legislation change, NEC will have purchased the SC TV interests or a merger might be possible.

1 Like

That’s fucking disgusting.

4 Likes

Yeah, the content in these news updates is definitely sub-standard in my opinion.

Some of the stories they are covering in today’s update were featured on the local 7 News (and likely WIN News) bulletins on Monday night!
Most of it is old news now.

Even the most novice mocker on this forum could come up with something better than what SCA use I reckon.

3 Likes

It’s probably just a stock image of Parliament house, the ABC aren’t the only people to use images of Parliament haha.
You’d be surprised if you look hard enough you see the same images pop up in different places.

I’ve seen clips of this presenter and she is woeful.

2 Likes

That is the other problem, they have some of the worst presenters I have ever seen. Hopefully these new bulletins next will be presented by Nine staff.

SC Tasmania was presented from the newsroom this evening.

5 Likes

Would I be correct in saying that the “newsroom” presented bulletins are presented from Hobart, rather than Launceston where they’re normally presented?

1 Like

That’s correct. The news and weather are presented from their Hobart studios at times. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: I must add that sport is quite regularly presented from the newsroom on weekend bulletins.

1 Like