Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Some of the updates use file footage. Certainly makes them look more professional. Problem is sometimes they pick a fairly short clip (let’s say 10 seconds) for a thirty second read, so they end up looping the footage.

3 Likes

Yes, but still under SCA Ownership.

1 Like

The file footage they pick is quite random sometimes. But it is better to have it in my opinion.

Saw an update today in Canberra that featured footage of NSW Police when discussing something to do with policing.
Another story showed shots of Parliament House, even though the story had nothing really to do with it.
Another story about electric garbage trucks being introduced, did feature footage of a garbage truck emptying bins, but it clearly had City of Cockburn, WA information labelled all over it.

4 Likes

The file vision used on a crime report in a recent noodle update consisted of just flashing police lights. I’d prefer they didn’t bother.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Spencer Gulf bulletin with Madeline Kerr :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News (Regional Qld)

Happened to notice that tonight’s evening updates for Regional VIC used the same music bed SCA 10 QLD use for their evening updates - they usually use the same music bed as the Southern NSW/ACT updates

4 Likes

Sunshine Coast update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Victoria Eastoe presenting the QLD updates today

2 Likes

Not sure what happened tonight but it was the shortest weather in history.

Came back from the ad-break about 6:58 or 6:59 and Murph had the current temps up and said something along the lines of “we had weather today but due to massive timing issues we can’t bring it all to you tonight” with Kim also saying along the lines of “I knew I talked a lot tonight but I didn’t know it was that much”.

They’ve promised weather updates tonight. Also, I noticed a new promo at the end of one of the updates tonight including all the previous logos and a 60 years celebration with the date of the first broadcast of TNT9. Will get some caps later but just a heads up for anyone who might be able to get it.

2 Likes

The weather has been cut from the YouTube upload tonight but the new 60 years thing was at the end of the video.

1 Like

Is it just me or is my date out? Why air this 10 days early?

I’d say it’s going to run for the next few weeks and I reckon with a few stories coming along as well if they haven’t already. I don’t get much time to watch the news fully these days with having to censor some parts for the kids/the nights I’m out.

1 Like

From an industry point of view I don’t get this at all. Surely things can be dropped from the rundown to give weather more time. Perhaps an inexperienced Line Up or Control Room Producer?

1 Like

On another note… Look at the car park, its a sad reflection of the TV industry

2 Likes

Yes but could be particularly sad because it was filmed on a weekend? I imagine a 6pm news is still made but with a reduced crew.

6 Likes

7 Tasmania Promos

8 Likes

Surely they’ll update their graphics sometime soon to match Seven

1 Like

Hope not, who want’s that oversized junk crap. The current graphics fit nicely with their style, much cleaner than half of the metro bulletins.

2 Likes