Seven & Ten News (SCA)

2 Likes

If they wanted to go the easy route, they could just use the breaking news red supers permanently and switch from the OTS graphic overlay to using the backdrop screen.

Then the only things they’d actually have to change are the title card recoloured from blue to white (if it’s that simple), acquire the new generic national backdrop loop from Seven, and get a new screenprint for the desk (preferably a generic “Nightly News” one so that the Spencer Gulf bulletin can use wide shots in Lonnie but the set can also double for Tasmania when needed).

Victoria has also been doing the weather a few times in the past week on the Tasmanian bulletin.

In other news, there was some old footage used in last night’s bulletin with Jo Palmer and a story with Jeremy Rockliff on a screen which I’ll try and get a cap of later when I have time. They must have really dug through the archives but the way they included it was pretty cool. The reason for it was because Jo Palmer has been promoted to the Tasmanian cabinet under new Premier Jeremy Rockliff’s new ministry reshuffle. Jo will be the Minister for Primary Industries and Water, Disability Services and Women.

2 Likes

they can’t rip anything from feeds or even stock footage/images for anything? Seems lazy.

Just a thought… could the Spencer Gulf bulletin be required to use different graphics to differentiate from Seven News Adelaide?
But that’s not an issue for the Tasmania and NT bulletins/updates as Seven don’t have a local bulletin. We’ve seen Seven be fickle with their news brand before.

Lazy’s a bit harsh. Cheap, maybe.
The presenters do about 15 updates per day. I believe they work with an script writer/editor and video editor who are responsible for the same updates. So that gives a maximum of 15 minutes for each staff member to work on each update so not a lot of time to go searching for and capturing supporting footage.

Makenna’s back today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck for the future @Techster. Will you still be working at SCA?

2 Likes

Yep. I’m staying in SCA.

2 Likes

Will we see you in front of a globe soon? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I didn’t realise they were a presenter.

2 Likes

Welcome to Tassie - pack warm clothes for a Launnie winter, great clear days but very cool mornings!

5 Likes

As Southern Cross has your Nightly News covered every night at 6.

2 Likes

It’s Seven Tasmania there

3 Likes

It’s not Southern Cross anywhere!

2 Likes

You’re about 4 years too late to be calling it “Southern Cross”… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Could’ve just been referring to the business itself, rather than the bulletin name.

Those google ads are getting worse

10 Likes

Some of the updates use file footage. Certainly makes them look more professional. Problem is sometimes they pick a fairly short clip (let’s say 10 seconds) for a thirty second read, so they end up looping the footage.

3 Likes

Yes, but still under SCA Ownership.

1 Like