Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Is production split between Lonnie and Hobart? Could be down to the stylistic choice of different editing teams?

2 Likes

The NSW, VIC and Tassie updates are produced in Hobart, while the QLD updates are produced in Launceston

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/tenlives.com.au/posts/10158462934373994

3 Likes

Also worth a click through the photos on this thread for more photos in the studio…

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Southern%20Cross%20Austereo/100662350044017/photos/

Nope, doesn’t work.

13 Likes

Already saying “… with your local 10 News update”.

If I were 10 I’d be making sure they’re using the full & correct name.

1 Like

If Ten cared they’d have brought production in-house like Nine did under the SCA affiliation.

5 Likes

Get your point, but those were local bulletins not rip & reads. These seem to have gotten better of late with some improvements having been made.

Still think 10 should have their finger on the pulse when it comes to these, especially when they’ve essentially given them free reign to use their news brand.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, but it’s clear that Ten has gone for the hands off approach.

6 Likes

7 Likes

They should make an intro similar to Tasmania and Spencer Gulf bulletins.

5 Likes

Madeline Kerr presenting today’s Southern NSW updates in place of Sophie Jacobsen :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Previously she worked at Nine Brisbane as a Producer - was also at Nine Darwin prior to that.

5 Likes

why don’t 7 Darwin/Tasmania/Central GTS/BKN call their news bulletins “7 News”?

2 Likes

They’re not allowed to by Seven. Seven don’t have editorial control over the content, so they don’t allow the programs to be branded as 7 News.

5 Likes

Seven Queensland are allowed to use the “7 News” branding.

2 Likes

Seven Queensland are Seven O&O stations, and as such are allowed to use the 7 News branding.

4 Likes

I find it weird how Southern Cross Austereo are allowed to use the Seven branding 23 hours a day, but they’re not allowed to use the Seven News branding.

3 Likes

Yeah it is a little odd that the red Seven logo is fine for use on news and programming, but add NEWS below it in the correct typeface and it’s suddenly an issue.

SCA uses the Seven logo in CSAs, self promotions and sponsor billboards too.

6 Likes