Seven & Ten News (SCA)

WOW! Very impressive.

1 Like

Fabulous job to get the actual 10 News First graphics for the updates!!

4 Likes

Southern NSW Update:

29 Likes

Very impressive that they’re even using the 10 News First theme song.

Would be nice if they had some footage accompanying the reports.

24 Likes

Very nice

5 Likes

I get that it’s just day one and all, but this “update” is not really news. Today is Thursday and the lead item is an arrest that happened on Tuesday? People being turned away from Kiama on Saturday and “by Monday” it was a “ghost town”? For a so-called news update it doesn’t seem to really provide anything of the sort.

22 Likes

Tasmania SCA again providing the quality on air updates!

8 Likes

Obviously Ten doesn’t have any issues with SCA sullying their news brand as Seven did when they didn’t allow them to use the Seven News brand in Tasmania. Not sure that’s such a good idea considering most of the stories in that update were on last night’s local news broadcasts on SCA Nine and WIN.

18 Likes

Completely different to the old Canberra output.

I am very surprised. That looks great. Just need some footage for the stories.

3 Likes

SCA actually using professional graphics?! :open_mouth:

Just saw the first of these in Canberra.
Graphically the update was very good.
However, the update was boring because it was just the presenter reading at the screen. No OTS, no vision. A bit plain in that sense.

Surely SCA have some file footage from 7 Tasmania or access to file footage from 10 that they could show to at least liven these up a little bit.

6 Likes

Even a file photo would make it slightly more interesting if they have to resort to that

2 Likes

Another update aired for the Sunshine Coast - the wrong region weather graphic was shown at the end.

Video

17 Likes

These really aren’t great but it’s a start. Hopefully the product improves a bit.

6 Likes

Very impressed with the graphics. I’m glad they were able to get something to look and sound good.

Hopefully over the coming days and weeks things get better as the presenters get more experience and they can make things a bit lively even if they can’t get footage.

Hopefully footage will happen but I’m not so sure as the TDT9 updates rarely had it.

8 Likes

The Prime7 News Canberra updates manage to get fresh vision for their stories. Hopefully SCA can also find a way too.

2 Likes

I’m not optimistic. The quality of the noodle updates never seemed to improve when they were a Ten affiliate in the past, even if they had some decent journos presenting them before they went on to bigger and better roles. These look decent but I doubt they have a vision library to utilise. Perhaps they’ll add a ticker or OTS graphics in the future but I don’t expect anything more than a rip and read service and information sourced from regional newspapers.

4 Likes

I remember WIN in Northern NSW/GC started with using file vision/vision from Police Media/photos/sourced video from Facebook etc when it first started, but the effort to source these over the years has fallen off a cliff.

1 Like

Metro updates also shown mirroring what WIN did.

8 Likes

I suspect these are provided by 10 for use but still very pro. Tasmania SCA have always had relatively pro presentation.

1 Like