Seven Sport

Skateboarding on 7plus https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/ymca-and-seven-west-media-partner-to-broadcast-australian-skateboarding-championships/

Live stream Saturday 7th March and highlights on 7mate

Includes brief behind the scenes look at Seven’s racing coverage today. Bruce McAvaney presented the coverage with Katelyn Mallyon in a small white open tent (at 1:26 mark of the video).

3 Likes

Legend of sports broadcasting in Australia

Delicious!

2 Likes

Bruce McAvaney - He’s done a lot of sports coverage on 7 - AFL, Australian Open Tennis, Summer Olympics (except London 2012), COmmonwealth Games, Rugby World Cup, Winter Olympics, Golf, Horse Racing and Rugby Union. Deserves the award.

4 Likes

more a local Melbourne legend, people in Sydney don’t really care about him too much.

and we all know Sydney is where it is at :slight_smile:

I think 40 years broadcasting across a wide variety of sports makes him more than just a Melbourne icon, even if some Sydney people don’t think so.

3 Likes

Cricket

Interesting take on Seven and the Olympics.

You do know Bruce is originally from Adelaide.

[quote=“FormerInsider, post:1236, topic:353”]

And now (temporarily) living in Sydney.

Bruce has done enough Olympics & other non AFL broadcasts to be very well known Oz Wide for his excellent work.

3 Likes

What exactly is the point of this comment? Are you saying Bruce McAvaney doesn’t deserve the universal recognition he regularly gets as a highly respected and long serving Australian sports caller, because “Sydney don’t really care” and that statement is really according to… Just yourself?

So I’m guessing with the ban on crowds at games, this can only mean an increase in ratings for the AFL (and the RL as well).

There could be a back-lash by the public at the decision(s) though, as I heard one radio caller suggest. I think many if not most fans wanted a postponement rather than ‘business as usual’ with no crowds.

The traditional first game between Richmond and Carlton is always huge, 90-100 thousand crowd at the MCG, atmosphere is incredible. It’s going to look and sound so weird. And the commercial impact from that missing crowd(s) will affect the AFL and MCG financially anyway.

Random tailback callers on 3aw should be last people we take any notice of. Was that the biologist who’s studied virology who phoned Denis Walter last night? He was sprouting complete nonsense.

2 Likes

LOL I think it actually was, got in the car around 6:30pm, sometime after then? :joy:

Just after 7 I think, I suspect he’d had a few glasses of fruity lexia.

1 Like

I switched off not long after when I realised Denis was just going to get callers to froth over coronavirus all night

Saturday 28 March -
Jason Richardson hosting Seven’s horse racing coverage from the Talking Footy set in Melbourne, with trainer Henry Dwyer and jockey Chris Symons. Regular crosses to Bruce McAvaney who is working from his Sydney apartment and Richard Freedman at Rosehill Gardens.

This is the only sports telecast in the country yes?

2 Likes