Seven (Southern Cross)

They’re hoping to have it done within 3 months. You won’t be waiting too long.

Within 3 months of the affiliation deal signing (leading to a late July launch) or 3 months after launch (leading to an October launch)

it’s being worked on furiously at the moment from what I’ve been told - so expect it before the football finals.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Nine will be pushing SC to have Nine in HD in all SC areas asap for football etc.

When are footy finals?

September, Grand Final on the first Sunday of October.

Does anyone know if TVSN stays on Southern Cross stations post July 1? My understanding is that it is not part of the Ten Network affiliation deal and that Southern Cross is paid directly by TVSN to carry the channel?

I would assume TVSN would stay with Southern Cross, as it is currently broadcast by Southern Cross into each market regardless of who they are affiliated with in that market from what I can see

Yes, I would be thinking along those lines also. Unless SC decided to drop it for some reason instead. What would be the go with Aspire? Is that still even on-air in mainland regions? Hasn’t been in Tassie since mid last year.

Yeah, we still have AspireTV last time I checked.
I’d assume it’ll continue with SCA as well.

1 Like

The only thing that would displace either TVSN or Aspire is the soon to be aligned Southern Cross markets with Nine affiliation as part of the Nine deal would have to air eXtra, same as when WIN had to as part of the current 6 month deal they have with Nine that ends June 30. If so, Aspire could be for the chop, meaning eXtra will launch well ahead of Nine HD and 9Life in those markets,

I personally think all the shopping channels should be banned and removed. All of them are such a waste of valuable space. But that will never happen in a million years, of course.

5 Likes

unless they go bankrupted :wink:

3 Likes

Bandwidth would be the ultimate factor in what/how many shopping channels SCA will broadcast once they get the full suite of Nine channels online. We don’t get GOLD in regional WA for that very reason, or iShop TV when 4ME was in existence.

Hopefully they decide that there’s not enough bandwidth left to broadcast them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

One can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross Ten

Seven has sent a letter to Southern Cross that demands that SCA pay Seven affiliate fees for Tasmania equal to what SCA will be paying Nine in the east coast states ie. 50%.

$ http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/seven-threatens-to-sue-southern-cross-over-fee/news-story/3f31f9f4564b4e2ddb91c823fe4c5c31

5 Likes

This all based on a clause known as a “most favoured nations” agreement, which essentially requires Southern Cross to match what it is paying Nine.

Will be interesting of what comes of this as SC will apparently reject the claim disputing Seven’s interpretation and application of the contract.

1 Like

That’s what the article said.

1 Like