Seven (Southern Cross)

Nope, it’s fairly standard these days for them to have the mix.

As for when they usually change, I think there’s a few dates, usually it’s just at the 6pm news on the Sunday when ratings begin or it might be before the tennis starts this year or it could be Dec 31st/Jan 1st which I think they’ve also done before too.

1 Like

Seven was 1st January 2016 for the Current look, started with a Ident after the NYE Freworks.

I have some of the new look to upload but currently away on holidays. Will post when I get back.

2 Likes
4 Likes

10 Likes

From the Watermarks thread.

That’s the one, thanks!

2 Likes

The softness of that cap reminds me of KCTV.

With prime now airing HD I think this proves the problem with no Hd at sctv is not at seven. I suspect it’s a financial thing they are probably requesting more for access to it. Pity they haven’t yet sorted this it’s now been upconverted for better part of a year. Thank God for other sources for programming on sctv.

1 Like

The IOC are very tightarse aren’t they, when it comes to broadcaster policy, etc.

So as “associates”, the regional affiliates are literally under Seven’s official direction?

The IOC want the Olympics to be a professional polished off event. Not a messy circus that allows broadcasters to place the rings on anything.

3 Likes

RELAUNCH!!!

Well maybe, a weird promo of some of the Southern Cross programs just came on. Same music as all the others but looked different. Will try and get some caps when Cool Runnings has finished recording unless someone else manages to get some.

Excuse the quality, it was from my phone but I got some caps. The first one is the current style they’ve had with the Superbowl promo for Monday.

9 Likes

So much for that. Who or what exactly is your source?

6 Likes

Ahem, the countless revisions to the new set finish date.

In July 2017 we were told via their Instagram that “change is coming”.

In late September SCA made an official press release with no date, with sources on MS indicating “in just under a few months”.

In early November the current set was moved into a temporary studio. And talk indicating January 2018.

In mid-January we were told now it’s mid-late February…

I don’t blame any of the members as they’re just the middle men passing on information they have been given. SCA need to get their game together. Seven months…

6 Likes

There, fixed that for you.

Anyway, not sure whether there will be any presentation changes tonight after 6 as that is when their relaunches often occur but we’ll see. Usually it is the first night of the big programs returning but maybe there were issues and it was a week late or even that last night’s was a mistake too.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Why do SCA appear to put so much effort on their Seven affiliate in Tasmania (local ID et al.) yet crap all, since the dawn of time everywhere else? :unamused:

Ratings? They gave more than half a crap about BCV and GLV before getting stuck with all of 10’s programming and third (or fourth) place.

6 Likes

They done some local promos for Sunrise last year.

1 Like

Longest. Holiday. Ever.

8 Likes