Seven (Southern Cross)

Just noticed that SCA with their radio stations Hit 100.9 and Triple M 107.3 are doing an Open Day with studio tours in Hobart tomorrow (today I guess!) from 11am. Shame I won’t be in town for this this weekend:

4 Likes

Bugger, our work is moving office today, I’d jump in the car and check it out otherwise. Nothing like a spontaneous 6 hours in the car with a toddler and 4 month old!

1 Like

Interesting scenario on the SCTV Central (North) service this evening.

Normally they take a feed of 7 Brisbane (including 7 News Brisbane), with the exception being the AFL broadcast is shown on the main channel (i.e. 7 Melbourne feed).

Tonight, 7 News Brisbane is a 1-hour bulletin shown 6pm-7pm, while other states have a 30-minute bulletin at 7pm-7:30pm (EST).

I noticed in the TV guide that SCTV Central North is showing a 30-minute 7 News Bulletin at 7pm tonight - so I can only assume they will be showing a different version of 7 News tonight than the normal Brisbane bulletin shown?

5 Likes

That seems logical and my guess is it will be the Melbourne bulletin, assuming the Port v Eagles AFL game is on SC North as well.

1 Like

Central Community Connect:

Central North is indeed getting the Seven News Melbourne bulletin tonight:

8 Likes

Posted here as it’s relevant to the SCTV thread as opposed to the Prime7 & GWN7 thread:

I uploaded a video of this at the end of an update a few months ago:

2 Likes

Oops :confused:

Apparently SCTV accidently aired Instant Hotel at 6pm in Darwin, before correcting to Seven News (CDT time delay) 18min later.

Wake up MCR operators in Canberra!

3 Likes

That’s a decent response time. Suspect they had a chance to finish their dinner before they corrected the issue.

5 Likes

Pretty careless and showed a flaw in monitoring, especially on one of the biggest TV days of the year.

Luckily for SCA (and Seven), Darwin/NT aren’t part of a ratings panel.

it’s only “big” for about 15 minutes from about 3.00pm (AEST) … people have well and truly moved on by the evening

6 Likes

Not the first time i’ve heard of SC7 airing the EDT schedule live in Darwin accidentally.
I recall not too long ago seeing complaints online about “Home and Away” airing at 5:30pm.

3 Likes

SCTV’s PRG is utterly awful.

What even is that!?

SCTV (via VAST - South) 7mate Sport watermark > production ender > switch to normal watermark for “Jurassic Park 2” (1997) Rpt (6:30pm).

4 Likes

Here is SCTV 7mate PRG.

As I mentioned yesterday, it’s really bad :pensive:

SCTV PRG (a little better):

4 Likes

BREAKING: Graphics refresh on the way for Southern Cross branded Chanel’s. The change comes after 5 years of the current look which launched in Jan 2013.

8 Likes

Those won’t come cheap

10 Likes

To be known as Chanel Number Six

EDIT: Actually, that idea stinks.

13 Likes

Some of the new elements currently being tested in the GTS/BKN Regional SA broadcast area.

1 Like

Any timeframe for when we can expect to see some of these changes?

Hopefully it’s changing to this?

8 Likes