Seven (Southern Cross)

Wow! An affiliate will be simulcasting in HD before Seven even have HD running on their own O&O markets in Regional QLD. Shame on you Seven!

Is the change to HD for all markets where SC are a 7 affiliate? Because if so, that would mean viewers in the “Remote” QLD market in outback QLD would have 7HD before any of the cities along the east coast (north of Brisbane).

5 Likes

I can imagine the announcement went something along then lines of “and you can enjoy Southern Cross News in crystal clear VHS quality on the new Southern Cross HD” :joy:

7 Likes

Here’s the report. RELAUNCH!!!11

10 Likes

Too bad their local news more than likely won’t be in HD though! :joy:

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:296, topic:360, full:true”]
Which if I’m not mistaken, makes it the first Seven-affiliated regional station to (re)launch a HD simulcast of it’s main channel. :thumbsup:

Prime7 and Seven Queensland, the ball is now in your court! :wink:
[/quote]Who’d have thought! SC leading the way for once. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“Nick, post:297, topic:360, full:true”]

When did SCTV originally start simulcasting in HD and did it do breakaway? I presume it stopped when 7mate was launched…
[/quote]Back when Seven originally did. Whenever Seven did “breakaway programming” SCTV just resumed showing the scenery loop IIRC (similar to what was shown during ad-breaks on WIN HD back in the day).

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:301, topic:360, full:true”]Wow! An affiliate will be simulcasting in HD before Seven even have HD running on their own O&O markets in Regional QLD. Shame on you Seven![/quote]Shameful isn’t it?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:301, topic:360, full:true”]
Is the change to HD for all markets where SC are a 7 affiliate? Because if so, that would mean viewers in the “Remote” QLD market in outback QLD would have 7HD before any of the cities along the east coast (north of Brisbane).[/quote]Not sure on this. But I would assume that’s the case though.

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:302, topic:360, full:true”]I can imagine the announcement went something along then lines of “and you can enjoy Southern Cross News in crystal clear VHS quality on the new Southern Cross HD” :joy:
[/quote]Haha. Once they move things may change. Hopefully that relic of a set is finally put into retirement in a museum. :wink:

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:299, topic:360, full:true”]
I wonder what inspired their new HD logo?[/quote]I can’t really remember what the old HD logo looked like. Not really a fan of this one though.

4 Likes

It certainly looks more interesting than the plain font “HD” that Seven tack onto their watermark. I like how the star overlaps onto the “H” on SC logo.

Yeah, me too!

That it will be in MPEG-4 (no doubt) will have to be explained to the viewers.

[quote=“Nick, post:306, topic:360, full:true”]
It certainly looks more interesting than the plain font “HD” that Seven tack onto their watermark. I like how the star overlaps onto the “H” on SC logo.
[/quote]Really, that wouldn’t be hard though! Seven’s original red/green ‘7HD’ logo a decade ago was very nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Southern Cross should’ve launched a brand new logo with this IMO. The star is hideous. :wink:

2 Likes

Your idea version is better. They should’ve had the lines going through the ‘HD’ and it should be red not white which it looks like it will be.

Seems like someone has already updated their Wiki entry (around 25 minutes ago) I wonder if this was you @Nick? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As with a lot of pages on Wikipedia either out of date, innacurate or wrong. From the page:

3 Likes

[quote=“MVP, post:304, topic:360, full:true”]
Next for SCTV… 7Flix…
[/quote]Not likely to happen anytime soon.

This response I received from Southern Cross:

[quote=“EyewitnessTV, post:309, topic:360, full:true”]Seven’s original red/green ‘7HD’ logo a decade ago was very nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[/quote]This logo looked great for their original HD service back in the day:

8 Likes

:joy: oh well! I actually prefer yours WAtv, the “HD” is the right size in yours, in the actual logo it’s far too large.

1 Like

Comments on Facebook from SC News Tasmania’s announcement of HD are interesting.

[quote]Can we still get SD?[/quote] :scream:

4 Likes

So if sctvhd will be 60 what channel will 7mate be?

7bogan will no longer be available for Tasmanian viewers once SCHD is launched. :joy:

Umm, did this viewer not pay attention to the bulletin? :unamused:

6 Likes

That must be someone from MediaSpy.

13 Likes

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:308, topic:360, full:true”]
That it will be in MPEG-4 (no doubt) will have to be explained to the viewers.[/quote]Yes, have been previously informed that it would be in MPEG4.

[quote=“Nick, post:313, topic:360, full:true”]
:joy: oh well! I actually prefer yours WAtv, the “HD” is the right size in yours, in the actual logo it’s far too large.[/quote]As do I.

I wasn’t going to mention this here, but it’s no coincidence that his and the actual logo design are kinda similar. Just so @WAtvVideos knows, I actually sent his original idea as a suggestion to see what would happen. :wink::+1:

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:314, topic:360, full:true”]
Comments on Facebook from SC News Tasmania’s announcement of HD are interesting.[/quote]OMG. :roll_eyes: These sorts of comments are so irritating to read. Are people that dumb? Some of the stupid questions aren’t even worth responding to.

[quote]ummm should I rescan my tv before this date sctv?[/quote]:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

[quote=“Nick, post:315, topic:360, full:true”]

So if sctvhd will be 60 what channel will 7mate be?

7bogan will no longer be available for Tasmanian viewers once SCHD is launched. :joy:

Umm, did this viewer not pay attention to the bulletin? :unamused:
[/quote]Ask Tony. :wink:

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:316, topic:360, full:true”]

That must be someone from MediaSpy.
[/quote]Really? Let me be the first to rule myself out then! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

AFL in HD promo:

9 Likes

Unsure as to why yet, but for some reason the Southern Cross 7mate PRG has been quite regularly (from what I’ve seen anyways) appearing of late on SCTV rather than their usual graphics:

2 Likes

We know a presentation refresh is just around the corner. It must be messing with their graphics somehow.

1 Like

Do we? Mind you, there’s always been some “hints” in the past in the lead up to a refresh with graphics missing or not appearing properly. We’ll see. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope there is refresh very soon but I’m not sure if it will be this year. Maybe early next at the earliest?

BTW, everything’s back to normal as of now. :wink: