Seven Regional

Antony Catalano and Bruce Gordon just buying time. The merger will surely go ahead eventually.

The big question is who they’ll merge with and under what circumstances…

Imagine what happens when Bruce Gordon buys Prime7…

Oh geez, now you’ve got me imagining either Catalano or Gordon doing a John Howard by saying “We’ll decide who merges with Prime and the circumstances in which they merge” or something among those lines! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ACM papers today have published that Catalano welcomes Seven’s investment and that there needs to be a board shakeup (basically he want board representation)

2 Likes

Another lineup with 7flix:

6 Likes

The Demolition has begun at the former CBN 8, Prime 7 Studios in Orange, NSW. Photos: Gary Reid (Facebook)

9 Likes

so iam assuming that we wont be getting 7mate hd for a long time even though 7mate is going hd in the metro markets on jan 16

2 Likes

Well we know who we can blame

10 Likes

Nine years ago yesterday since the rebrand to Prime7, time goes quick!

14 Likes

Prime Media has released their Half Year Results (covering 1 July to 31 December 2019) this afternoon.

Also, its share price went as low as 13c during today before finishing the day at 14.5c, which is not much lower than where Seven West Media is now.

4 Likes

Revenue from contracts with customers of $90, 393,000 declined $7,050,000 or 7.2% on the prior period. During the reporting period, the Group maintained a market leading total revenue share of 41.2% in the aggregated regional market of New South Wales and Victoria. The Group’s advertising revenue in the aggregated regional market declined 7.8% on the prior period, which was in line with the market decline of 7.2% in the same period.

The Group’s share of profits from joint ventures that broadcast Nine Entertainment programming in regional Western Australia and Mildura was $182,000

Seems to be a lot of joint ventures with WIN for transmission facilities, might explain Bruce’s share buying

4 Likes

Infrastructure sharing makes sense - I dont think Prime own many sites any more (they may have sold them to WIN’s broadcast company)

4 Likes

The broadcaster and other media businesses are under increasing financial pressure as a weak local economy and factors such as coronavirus and the national bushfire crisis hit the bottom line.

1 Like

well yeah, have you seen the ads on Prime7 South coast? bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

Hey, I won’t have a word said against the Lynn’s Removals and Storage ad. Kudos to the regionals for keeping that classic on air for what must be coming up on 30 years. I know I’m home when I hear that jingle and it doesn’t bother me in the least that the damn thing still airs in 4:3 aspect ratio.

6 Likes

Haha, same here with a particular ad in the Central West, oddly enough, also a removal company, “Dawsons will move you, just around the corner, or right across Australia” is an absolute gem, also in 4:3 ratio. The ad itself is atleast 25 years old.

8 Likes

For a fact, it dates to the early 2000s at best and was animated by the same shoddy team responsible for the “Delivery Dan” Home Ice Cream ads. I recall seeing the ad around 2014 (most oftenly during Dream Car Garage repeats) on the Canberra 7mate feed, and the 15-second version still hasn’t popped up onto YouTube yet

1 Like

I’d don’t know if I’d call the old Home Ice Cream ads shoddy. Always loved those ads as a kid.

2 Likes