Seven Regional

I reckon one of the reasons that PRIME isn’t on the 7LCN yet is that more than half of its coverage areas have some sort of overlap.

Gold Coast, Lismore, Newcastle, Central Coast and Illawarra are overlap areas, and Bendigo, Ballarat, Gippsland and Shepparton border Melbourne, so it would be like Toowoomba where it borders Brisbane.

2 Likes

i heard a story that 7 TWO will be HD soon as well… if true that would make 3 HD channels for 7 regional

3 Likes

considering 7two hd isn’t in metro areas as yet only in QLD

I don’t doubt your story, but it’s an easy prediction to make. It’s not as though it will be an exclusive thing for Regional Qld only. And knowing that upgrading multi’s to HD isn’t dependent on moving to NPC, it may very well happen around the same time metro gets it.

I do wonder if this will spring WIN or SCA into action in getting their first multi HD online. i have a gut feeling though that they won’t do a thing until/if they are bought out by their metro partner.

1 Like

You could say the same thing about 9Go or 10Peach too.

Eventually they’ll all be HD and no SD simulcasts, but could be end of this decade before that happens…. who knows when.

1 Like

Not really because they’re not in HD anywhere. 7two is. Would love to see them in HD though.

It doesn’t mean that 9 and 10 don’t have the capability to put them to air in HD, they’ve just not chosen to do so yet.

I think Nine could do it easily as it’s 720p online, so is obviously sourced from HD. But apparently 10 Peach is SD ‘all the way through’ though, so I assume it would require a bit of investment on their part to get it in HD.

1 Like

that would force people to update their old tvs

Yes, eventually, we will all move on from MPEG-2, but as I said, it could be the end of the decade before that happens, who knows

Channel 7 Perth versus GWN7 North-West commercial breaks, by request:

13 Likes

Prime7 Insider subscribers finally get the inside scoop:

They might get around to informing their viewers of the new 7mateHD service before the calendar ticks over to 2023.

6 Likes

It feels like a lot of the changes have occurred on Wednesday. Today, they transferred our email addresses from Prime7 insider to Seven. 7mate HD launched last Wednesday. The prior Wednesday saw the seven brand introduced on air, except for the news. Who knows what will happen next Wednesday.

5 Likes

9 Likes

With the Facebook page and PRIME7 Insider switching over to 7, one can assume the same will happen to prime7.com.au with 7plus.

2 Likes

Hmmm…not sure if Facebook pages can be transferred from one to the other. Usually, the closed down brand gets unpublished online, just as we had during the launch of our local CNN brand in the Philippines in 2015. Our transitory brand (9TV) had a clear notice back then; when the CNNPH Facebook and Twitter pages went active, the 9TV Facebook page got deleted/unpublished a week or two after the March 2015 relaunch.

I’m pretty sure Prime7’s Facebook will actually be unpublished soon, which prompted fans to follow Channel 7’s page if they haven’t yet.

Facebook pages can be merged. All Prime7 likes will go towards Channel 7’s page.

12 Likes
3 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:?

2 Likes

But if someone has liked both pages, does it count as 2 likes or 1 !