Seven Regional

We were getting a Southern NSW feed for one of the multi channels last night

2 Likes

i think more will slip though

2 Likes

slipped though prime7 lol

6 Likes

Bloody Seven. They’ve owned Prime for five minutes and they’ve already dinged it.

12 Likes

someone pressed wrong button i wonder if gwn7 gets any prime7 logos show up lol

1 Like

Maybe this was the master plan! Goodbye Prime, hello GWN across Regional Australia!

10 Likes

Call me a conspiracy theorist but maybe that’s the new regional order. GWN to be spread across the country and you realise that it could be Greater (than) WIN Network… Just a way for them to assert their dominance further.

9 Likes

yep like win gwn can use their name anywhere not just wa

1 Like

We sure do. Good for a laugh.

3 Likes

havnt seen anymore pop up yet least we dont get gwn watermark during the cricket im sure when prime Media group winds down we’ll then see water mark changes

1 Like

I’d think it wouldn’t be hard to swap out the modified (long) Prime7 & GWN7 promos for the original 7 ones, then the watermarks; both would avoid such problems (well, hide them from viewers) by standardising on a common (network) brand, now that 7 owns them.
Obviously changing/rebranding the local news would be last.

How quickly are on-air changes likely to appear? (Behind the scenes stuff would easily take months, as I’d imagine channel changes like 7mate HD); as @Nick said, I’d think 7 may want to make some visual changes before the Olympic winter games (or when it starts?).

Given the long-standing co-branding, they could phase-out the Prime7/GWN7 brands piece-by-piece instead of waiting for a big relaunch.

2 Likes

Do that over a couple of years and they’ll reduce viewer backlash about losing their ‘local’ stations too.

1 Like

The days of local TV went out the window many years ago. All just bloody relays now.

6 Likes

The metro stations have been that for longer. Regional stations are not special.

2 Likes

The metro networks run their own schedules, regionals don’t anymore.

Each city used to run its own schedule. Sydney. Melbourne. Canevvra

No station in Australia has run their own schedule for decades now. Be it Sydney, Melbourne, Ballarat or Cairns.

Everyone gets the same schedule

3 Likes

Where is that?

2 Likes

Metro “networks” do run their own schedule. They dictate what goes to air. The regionals relay what they are given for 23-24 hours a day (home shopping infomercials excepted).

2 Likes

All networks programming is decided in Sydney.

The whole country follows that schedule.

Melbourne to Morree.

Not quite, there are local variations for AFL and NRL games during the football season. And the odd localised program like Sydney Weekender, Postcards etc.

1 Like