Seven Regional

Job going:

I wonder how long before Ishop say’s goodbye and 7mate in HD comes

3 Likes

I’m wondering if ishoptv will expand into Seven’s metro markets as well as 7mateHD launching in regional. There’s a gap now that openshop is gone and it wouldn’t be the first time a Prime channel has made its way onto the Seven network.

2 Likes

Actually a job that probably won’t be cut but yet increased with Seven ownership.

They’ve gone back to using border-less classification logos, presumably since the playout moved.

5 Likes

A commercial break just played, but the watermark was intact:

3 Likes

It’s due to the cricket. They normally have the sport bug over the Seven (State Capital) feed, with their own ads inserted over the top.

1 Like

like when win logo changed to 9 after midnight from july 1 cant see why 7 cant do that too from midnight :slight_smile: surly someone there has the job to do that

Will be interesting watching the changes occur overtime from this weekend.

2 Likes

Will be nice to see footy and cricket scores during the breaks.

2 Likes

Looking at the EPG, I have a feeling the branding will stay as Prime7/GWN7. This is because:

• PRIME infomercials are in the EPG past Jan 1
  • ishoptv also continues past that date
  • Local news is still branded as “PRIME7 News” on the website guide

Also unfortunately, no local news for markets without current bulletins.

I think we will still be seeing PRIME7 Local News, and GWN7 Local News for a while - lot of logistics to change and rebrand to 7 Local News, and not to mention the pandemic in the mix of it all

6 Likes

There is likely to be little change on day 1. It’s going to take time

7 Likes

epg can be wrong mightn’t update til changes happen for eg when channel on foxtel name going to change eg dosnt update until sometime after midnight

Exactly. Very low chance of significant on-air changes happening the morning Seven get the keys to the building. On a Saturday. On New Year’s Day.

Or there are no changes yet. Evidence suggests this.

7 Likes

Promos and watermarks can be changed very easily

They are just scheduled events on a play list

Bugs and promos need to be scheduled anyway, it’s just scheduling the 7 barbers ones that already exist.

Simple

2 Likes

also 7 could keep current prime 7 shopping channels or scrap them for their own which make sense have the exact same program line up like the do during the day well Prime did remove their logo off 7mate and 7 two no difference to them doing it to the main station

Just remember when WIN (then under Channel 10 supply agreement) bought NRN from Southern Cross by the end of May 2017, and didn’t switch to the WIN branding until the following September because they had to finalise playout transfer from Canberra (SCA) to MediaHub (WIN) and make proper promotions on the little change.

2 Likes

Lol, Nine bought NBN in 2007 and they didn’t begin fully transitioning until 2016 - and it’s still not complete.

So yeah, I doubt Prime will be Seven on midnight Jan 1 regardless of how simple it is to technically change a bug or promo. They won’t retire the Prime7 brand until they’ve settled in as the new owners.

9 Likes

Down the track, I wonder how it will go? Make one ‘regional’ proprietary, similar to what Nine Regional was? Or do separate “7 NSW”, “7 VIC” (like “7 QLD”)? It’s going to be a massive new undertaking that’s for sure, on all department fronts.

Part of me wonders if they could just keep the Prime branding, for identity and viewer familarty/loyalty purposes? But no doubt they’ll want full front and centre “7” only branding, seeing as they own it and as viewers don’t don’t to care much about channel changes (although Nine’s regional ratings did seem to go down under SCA).

Damn, I might not actually make it up to Bendigo one final time to see Prime branding, had to cancel so many times during these lockdowns/coronavirus.

1 Like