Seven Regional

nine.com.au appears as part of the watermark on WIN9 regularly.

4 Likes

Both 10Play and Paramount+ promos are shown on SCA

3 Likes

I know network promos have a 10Play push at the end. That’s to be expected. But I would be surprised if SCA is running spots for 10Play (other than the promo end tags) for free. Unless part of the affiliation agreement, Likewise P+

3 Likes

Is it strange how promos for 7Plus, 9Now, 7flix, 9Life, etc go out on regionals, even though they’re not directly related/affiliated and/or don’t air in such markets?

1 Like

Streaming hubs (10Play, 9Now, 7+) are avail nationally, so it’s in the interest of the network to market to viewers nationwide. It;'s not really in the interest of affiliate groups - as it is encouraging their viewers to bypass them and view directly with the network streaming portal. That means loss ratings and revenue. But my guess is that 10, Seven and Nine negotiate a certain amount of spots and promos for 10Play, 9Now and 7+ in their affil agreements. And they have the upper hand…

5 Likes

I don’t believe Prime7, WIN or SCA have managed to launch their own catch-up services, WIN has a barely usable website and SCA have no online presence for their TV assets. :joy:

5 Likes

Because they don’t have the rights to the content.

What would SCA’s online presence be for their Tv assets?

No 10 stations have an online presence - not Sydney or Melbourne either

The Network just has a catch up website and apps

Australian networks don’t really have websites anymore. Just streaming portals and apps

3 Likes

No doy :joy:

2 Likes

prime7 News is readily available each night on youtube. so i suppose thats a catchup there? (plus the usual facebook posts)

3 Likes

While they do it openly, they’re not exactly going out of their way to do it - a lot of it is basically taking what’s delivered from upstream and putting it out unaltered

3 Likes

That’s why I was asking if it’s just promo tags - “watch SVU Thursday on 10 and on demand on 10 play” or if they are actually scheduling promos and commercials for the streaming platforms

I havent seen a 7plus promo that hasnt been either part of promo for a show or baked into the programming itself (including running it coming in or going out of an ad break to a program)

2 Likes

I’ve seen 7plus promos air after The Blacklist so they do air.

2 Likes

Are they the ones that show during the credits or after?

1 Like

After.

7flix is available in Canberra, 9Life will return 1 August, and WIN & SCA are using dirty feeds so these things slip through, especially on the multichannels.

From an end viewer perspective seeing promos for channels which aren’t available (e.g. 9Rush) is annoying, but it is happening. At least those channels are available via the network’s streaming site.

3 Likes

Prime7 have a website that uploads the noodle updates, but they only upload the Regional VIC and Canberra updates. Tried many times to inform them that the Newcastle/Central Coast and Wollongong updates haven’t been uploaded since March 2020, but either they’re too lazy to fix the problem or won’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine anyone goes to a website to watch 2 minute updates

They’d get more viewership posting on Twitter and FB

3 Likes

Here’s a link to one of the updates

3 Likes

TV Blackbox have since picked up on it.

10 Likes