Seven Regional

i read something in the hd thread about changes in the next few weeks with prime 7 but nothing on whats being changed

Prime seem to be the winner with regional viewers who wanted to see a professionally presented familiar bulletin from Sydney having little choice at 6pm now. Anyone who wanted local news was already watching WIN.

1 Like

Arrived, yay :grinning:

Each TV channel says “South Coast” (Prime7, Nine & WIN).

So the regional networks have seperate transmissions for both Wollongong (Illawarra) & South Coast?

Yeah, there are separate Wollongong/Illawarra and South Coast feeds of the commercial channels primarily for advertising purposes.

2 Likes

Prime7’s network PRG & in-program graphics look really amateur :confused:

During “Bride and Prejudice”:

•Seven (metro) PRG aired overlapping of the Prime7 watermark (was that a technical error or the norm?)

•Bride and Prejudice ‘special night’ watermark promo aired with the “>” pointing to nothing, also overlapping the Prime7 watermark

•Generic pop-up in-program graphics (you know, the coloured ones with a photo in the bottom left) aired, with a terrible font & in capitals (e.g.) Kochie & Sam / Sunrise.

Aside from local program variations and those “Promo/Ident” things, I’m pretty sure that Prime7 and GWN7 mainly just use Seven Network promos for the most part.

1 Like

Yes, they do.

1 Like

According to their Twitter page, Seven News Sydney on Prime7 wins the 6pm ratings in Wollongong/South Coast ahead of WIN News & Nine News Illawarra for the 2nd week, with an increase of their audience from the previous week.

Source: https://twitter.com/prime7tv/status/835358274090196993

any more news on getting prime7hd or gwn7 hd?

Probably when we get 7Flix, so I wont hold my breath?

Are we safe to say Prime7’s logo is now completely red, and have dropped the orange gradient?

1 Like

In case you may be interested, today is GWN’s 50th birthday. It began as South Western Telecasters operating a single station BTW-3 in Bunbury in south west WA, before expanding to other parts of the state incorporating VEW-8 Kalgoorlie, GTW-11 Geraldton and relays GSW-9 Mount Barker, GSW-10 Albany and VEW-3 Kambalda. Jack Bendat purchased South West Telecasters in 1979 and renamed it as GWN.

6 Likes

Here are some caps from GWN7 News last night. They had a report on the 50th, but not before a Save Our Voices report. Looking at the YouTube uploads, it appears they’ve had a few special reports throughout the week on earlier bulletins as well.

7 Likes

One week after Prime7 Tamworth celebrated their 50th birthday in April 2015, the network gave the station and the local community a very special birthday present: Moving the production/presentation of the local news to Canberra.

Hopefully something similar (or worse, the axing of the local news) doesn’t happen to GWN7.

1 Like

God damn. What is that set! We have a new winner!

3 Likes

Their reports throughout the week have been great. They even used caps from @Bergoine , Tntnbltnn and myself! They mustn’t have archived much of their work since presentation moved to Canberra.

More screenies in the TV History thread.

I was at the GWN studios in Bunbury a couple of years ago and weather presenter Shauna Willis was saying that they have a fair bit in the archives but it would be expensive to digitize it all. I spoke to her again during the week and she said former weatherman Chris Mills kept a lot of stuff on VHS which they used on air.

4 Likes

Ah, Chris Mills. I was at a Queen’s Cup school eisteddfod in Collie when I was in primary school and he was the MC. At the end, my mum went up to him and said, “why do you always get the weather wrong?”

3 Likes

Prime has copped a caning on social media tonight. It seems they’re having issues with ad playout. Anyone know if this is restricted to one market or across several?