Seven Regional

Really great read!
Thanks for contributing and clarifying.

2 Likes

Easter Ident

Whats On

1 Like

Sadly, will not be happening, even less so if Seven eventually gets to buyout Prime I would guess.

1 Like

I wonder if Seven/Prime could come to an arrangement to replay Seven Gold Coast News on Prime7 Gold Coast at 6pm, followed by Prime National News (or whatever they’re calling it these days) at 6.30pm? Bar the current Covid-19 crisis there is a lot of people who commute from Brisbane or whatever and aren’t simply home at 5.30pm. It be nice to watch it in HD too which Seven doesn’t (it airs on Channel 7/71 exclusively while Channel 70 has ‘The Chase Australia’.

Not everyone wants to watch the Newcastle centric NBN News to watch the local windows which is mostly filled with Lismore and Newcastle news filler.

In 1998-99, Prime and Seven had a joint Gold Coast bulletin (Seven live at 5.30pm and Prime delayed at 6.30pm) and just changed the name graphics from a 7 logo to a Prime logo depending on what channel you were watching.

4 Likes

GWN moved from Bunbury to Canberra in April 2005.

The picture quality on GWN7 news is dull. The standard of the bulletin has dropped significantly in the last 10 years. The only thing propping it up is the quality of Noel Brunning, even he is looking like he’s ready to move on.

Agree with the above statements. Prime need to reconsider their affiliation costs with Seven.

6 Likes

I can’t see Seven wanting Prime to show Gold Coast news in competition with their main 6pm bulletin.
The bulletin isn’t produced in HD so it would only look marginally better on a HD channel.

It offers their viewers a choice - if the want to watch a game show instead of news, it is available and the ratings reflect both sets of viewers.

Nine shows their local news on 9HD on the Gold Coast.

3 Likes

The opposite could be true; Seven seem to have done pretty well in Qld, and Prime7 are struggling, so if Seven’s fortunes turn around…

Another thing which could well change if Seven takeover Prime, since the combined entity wouldn’t/shouldn’t care which of their channels viewers watch.

1 Like

On the contrary. Prime viewers are not counted in the Brisbane ratings so I would argue that getting maximum viewers to Seven News Brisbane in their battle with Nine would be more important.

2 Likes

Ah of course, you’re right. Now I recall something similar being said about Nine owning both QTQ & NBN.

1 Like

Another corona message

3 Likes

Are they 1.5 m apart, or does the costume count as PPE? :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if it has been mentioned before or not - but why does Prime7 News still heavily feature the yellow & blue colour scheme?

Their content in their news is second to none (compared to other regional networks), however, their lack of updating the colour scheme just screams WIN Network … and something they would do (i.e. keep the previous Nine colour scheme).

Plus the fact Prime7 News have to re-do all the graphics come 6:30pm weeknights, when 7NEWS would just have it ready to roll. Surely there is an easier/more efficient way.

@thesub1 I’d say the Prime7 News Director chose to have a custom look for his bulletins

1 Like

Blue and yellow is part of the current look, but the previous look was red on top of red with extra bits of red covered in red.

And no, the 7News graphics aren’t ready to roll. News packages are sent without graphics. The studio control room superimposes graphics during the broadcast. This is standard practice across the industry. The exception is the full screen graphics within a package (ie. a map depicting a location mentioned in the story or a text quote from a statement or a court proceeding).

1 Like

It’s just weird because yellow is hardly used in any other Prime7 material (not since they switched from PRIME to Prime7).

1 Like

This was the problem; it was just tooooo much red. Perhaps they’ve over-corrected now.

3 Likes

@thesub1 news looks don’t normally follow station / network on air colours

Look at abc / abc news
7 / 7 news
9 / 9 news
10 / 10 news

No correlation between Colors for news and the network graphics

Completely agree. I was just referring to 7 / Prime7 News as opposed to 9 / NBN News / 9 News Regionals. They seem to follow the metros a lot closer than what Prime7 (and WIN News) does.

@thesub1 that’s because Nine owns NBN and Nine also produces the 3 bulletins for SCA

1 Like

There has been some talk throughout the years on these forums that the person overseeing the presentation of PRIME7 News struggles to grasp new concepts and ideas and believes his way of doing things is best.

I will have to dig through some old forum posts…

1 Like