For the eleventh year in a row, Seven Perth is the highest rating metropolitan TV station in Australia.
Seven finished the official 2016 survey with a primetime (1800-2400) network share of 34% in the West, more than ten points clear of its nearest rival.
Nicola Bedwood, Seven West Media (WA), General Manager, Marketing, commented: “2016 was a massive year at Seven Perth, and through it all, Seven has continued to completely dominate the ratings and connection to the local market. At the heart of our success is Perth’s favourite News and Today Tonight claiming all key demographics and timeslots. We are enormously proud to be Australia’s most watched television station once again making it eleven years in a row."
According to numbers released by Seven*, the combined network shares (including digital channels) for primetime were
Seven Network Perth – 34.0%
Nine Network Perth – 21.8%
Ten Network Perth – 19.8%
Meanwhile, the primary channels’ shares for primetime were:
Seven Perth – 22.2%
Nine Perth – 12.4%
Ten Perth – 14.0%
Demographic results were:
25-54 network share
Seven Network Perth – 33.1%
Nine Network Perth – 24.7%
Ten Network Perth – 24.6%
18-24 (sic) network share
Seven Network Perth – 38.1%
Ten Network Perth – 26.6%
Nine Network Perth – 23.5%
Key programming results included
- Seven Perth won 40 of the 40 weeks of the official ratings period.
- The 6.00pm news hour continued to be dominated by Seven News and Today Tonight.
- Seven News Perth – 6.00pm Monday-Friday share was 36.7% to Nine Perth’s 14.9% share.
- Today Tonight achieved a 27.4% share to Nine News at 6.30pm with a 12.1% share.
- Seven News – Sunday averaged 36.4% share to Nine’s 16.7%. Seven News – Saturday averaged 28.5% share to Nine’s 13.9%.
- Sunrise 31.6% share maintained its lead over Nine’s Today 19.7%.
- The top rating drama for the year was Molly
ABC results for Perth (network/main channel) 17.5%/12/3% SBS 6.9%/4.8%
Shares quoted exclude Easter and Olympic Games.
See Ratings Year 2016 to discuss these ratings numbers in the Media Spy forums.
Data © OzTAM Pty Limited 2016. The Data may not be reproduced, published or communicated (electronically or in hard copy) in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of OzTAM.