Seven On-Air Presentation

It’ll be sad to see the background-free PRG go because of how clean it is.

7 Likes

Prefer the old PRG personally. Anyway, the process of the changes and differences between the BCM and NPC are very interesting.

11 Likes

Just for the record, terrestrial TV is still running the feeds from BCM/MediaHub this afternoon.

I wonder if the playout switch will coincide with the launch of Open Shop?

3 Likes

Quietly hoping they’ll tweak the EPG as well, which all of a sudden changed in mid-2017 (for the worse). Dropping all extra info for movies and all synopsis went from being edited/truncated by Seven, to just copy and paste from the program info supplied and are always cut off now with “…”.

Though for what it’s worth, Seven’s EPG is still one of the most reliable (except when live sport has preceded or there’s been errors), with particularly multi-channels always starting/ending bang on to the minute or even seconds (most networks are good, except Nine’s which is always rubbish, they don’t even correct after live sport anymore which was the one good thing they did).

Main channel NPC stream is showing The Chase

They just restarted it, looks like they’re testing:

Seems like they’re testing classification/caption icons and the PRG:

13 Likes

Someone at NPC is getting bored:

Oops:

6 Likes

Onto pop ups now:

Back to PRGs:

5 Likes

“Tomorrow Never Dies” (from MGM, a James Bond film) which Nine have rights to, though was told expired in June this year :thinking:

Hmm… Wonder if Seven have re-signed with MGM and the Bond films are coming back? Networks program months in advance and would know what they have rights to.

But a more likely theory is someone was just trying to think of a movie title at random to test and is a Bond fan?

1 Like

@Sully Skyfall appeared on one of the PRGs so the theory that whoever is entering the text is a Bond fan might be correct.

The stream has returned to normal programming.

12 Likes

Is this on-air, or just some random stream on 7plus? Hugely unprofessional if testing is being broadcast.

6 Likes

The on-air broadcasts are still coming from BCM. These are from the streams of the playout coming from NPC which are still under testing.

5 Likes

Some testing on 7Mate now

6 Likes

Looks like the feed that NPC gets from Martin Place has captions on it:

2 Likes

Okay, then that definitely confirms one of the two theories, probably the latter I agree yes.

I think I’ve downloaded the wrong version of The Chase UK- :flushed:

9 Likes

Back to testing:

2 Likes

I think I’m now starting to understand why Seven might want to bring in a new PRG design. On the left is BCM (taken from terrestrial TV) and on the right, NPC:

With the BCM PRG, the white program text is a bit hard to read at times and would probably get lost completely on lower quality online streams. Whereas the NPC PRG is much easier to read.

As far as the watermark is concerned though, I do hope it’ll eventually be shrunk to the same size as the logo in the PRG (which will probably be fine).

3 Likes

Prefer the old style, less intrusive ones…by far.

4 Likes

NPC not showing the same ads…

(NPC on left, BCM on right)

Edit: NPC switched to the News feed quicker than BCM and is now ahead.

Looks like they’re going to be bringing back the ‘second line’ (promotional) in the PRG, which has predominantly been missing for a year now. But looks like it’ll be ‘stacked’, judging by an early cap from 7Food.

(e.g.) Next | Outback Truckers > 7mate
Next | Criminal Minds > 7flix

7Two
1 Like