Seven On-Air Presentation

Are you sure it’s new?

You’re not referring to the one with him standing in front of a virtual ‘wall’ of screens at the end, with the various Seven logos on them?

2 Likes

Seemed as though it was a new one? I haven’t seen it before so I could be mistaken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Forgot to mention it.

Since the summer non-ratings started, Seven have reduced their promo output.

Particularly noticeable with multi-channels, especially 7mate.

Most likely due to live sport with different broadcast times / switches in different markets, whereas most promos (for movies / general programs) are made for national and same start time usually.

NB/
Most networks produce promos for all main channel programs in prime-time until 9-9:30pm (sometimes Blacklist etc have a “next” promo as late as 10pm or so).

And for multi-channels in prime-time until 9pm.

Should return from week of Jan 28.

1 Like

Nice to hear the great Rod Mulliner (Seven Sport’s V/O, also WebJet, Hamish & Andy and others) doing a promo for 7Two :ok_hand:

“New in 2018”, mysteries et. al.

(Unless it was someone else, who sounds uncannily like him?)

It was actually Rod Mullinar

For those interested…

Looks like a script play-out error at BCM for Ch 7 Perth (LCN 7).

The time (8:31pm WST) appeared, as you would see locally on Sunrise when the “M” Classification appeared & again when the “CC” bug appeared at the very start of “Unbroken” (2014).

Anyone know if this happened in other markets tonight?

6 Likes

Don’t know if it happened elsewhere but that’s the 7 News time bug.

8 Likes

Update

The issue is still occuring on Ch 7 Perth (at 10:33pm WST return from ad break) during PRG as well:

Other channels such as 7Two Perth unaffected however:

Checked during PRGs from various channels in other markets, also unaffected.

4 Likes

I see there is no 7hd on Screen
Are you watching it in sd

3 Likes

7Plus app - live streams, so yes, SD.

And time had know gone from 7 perth

1 Like

I wanna have what you’re having

Because I’m on many things right now and that sentence threw me the fuck off

7 Likes

I think this goes a long way to showing what cam be wrong with multi-station playoit centres. You think if a staff member was dedicated to Perth’s transmission only this would have gone on for hours?

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

Clearly the overnight MCR operator in both Melbourne and on standby in Sydney were sleeping?

1 Like

Little on-screen errors like that go unnoticed because they usually monitor them with small screens. I swear WIN has no idea their HD addon has been on-screen for a year now (in WA at least). It’s probably unnoticeable on a 10" screen from a distance!

9 Likes

Surprisingly, there is no countdown clock watermark for the premiere of MKR during Home and Away tonight, like there has been in previous years.

Edit: Spoke too soon, unfortunately it just appeared in the second part of Home and Away now.

There are much more on-air presentation changes I’ve noticed during MKR too, like their 'Join the conversation" graphic has changed and the look of it’s sponsor card. These changes are quite pleasant to see actually, a bit of a refresh from the last few years.

1 Like

PRG for when there’s no significant cast member

Seen during “On Deadly Ground” (1994) on Sunday night

Was the classification cut off or something?

1 Like

John Boyega and Nick Frost could be classed as pretty significant cast members of that movie.

1 Like

No.

As per Seven’s PRGs, they have two seperate lines.

Classification bugs (return from ad-breaks) only appear during first line
(i.e.) now
》On Deadly Ground 7mate