Seven On-Air Presentation

I’m the first to admit I was wrong on the prime brand. I thought it would get phased out pretty quick. I was wrong

I still think it will happen - but I’m not willing to say when. Seven seems to be in no rush.

I didn’t think they’d literally ignore GWN7 in all promotional material since the acquisition. I get it’s a small market, but it still exists and should be included

2 Likes

I think many businesses learned from SCA that steamrolling heritage brands can ultimately be detrimental to the local business.

Ultimately yes, I think Prime will disappear but I think it will be a slow transition, and the news will be the the last to change over. The biggest thing they need to do to start is introduce a 7NEWS product at 6:30 to begin that transition - whether a cut down of Sydney/Melbourne or rebadging the current setup.

GWN is a different beast. I think there will be outcry if that disappears, so that may linger.

It will be interesting to see how long Kerry keeps the GWN brand, being a WA boy himself.

Yeah he was at Nine, then went to 10 and now he’s at Seven. Though I’m interested to see how long for and if he’s only temporary due to COVID or something.

When they did the relaunch they dropped the booming voice guy and then a few weeks in they brought him back across their tent pole reality which I was disappointed in. He has been across the same programming for so long and it’s the same “gladiator type style” which gets boring.

Seems the other “softer” male VO is now used across other programming.

I will say I do like the other VO they have introduced for the AFL promos too!

1 Like

Remembering 7Two, 7mate and 7flix all used to have separate V/Os, but they ditched them at the presentation re-launch in mid-2020 (along with Seven’s long-time main channel female and other male). 7mate’s remained as did the main channel’s long-time male, but 7Two’s ended up just being voiced by the main channel’s male and new female and 7flix the new female.

So maybe they’ve increased their creative team’s budget or a post-coronavirus thing?

I have heard at least two new male V/Os in recent weeks, first for AFL and some Voice promos (though the long-time male has still been doing some and other promos) and a second one (I think the one you’re referring who was on 10 a few years back after their long-time one went to Nine) for the BB promos.

How has SCA’s move to network branding been detrimental to business?

1 Like

There was plenty of outcry from listeners and businesses when their heritage stations were re-badged to Triple M. And while re-badging, they dumped one of their highest rating shows in Ray Hadley, which has seen ratings plummet.

The you have the Hit network… 2DayFM, then Hit 1041 2DayFM, then back to 2DayFM. Brisbane rebranded then reverted back. Adelaide rebranded, then reverted back. Perth flipped their brands, and multiple regional stations flipped from Hit to Triple M.

It’s been a dumpster fire from the outset. But no different to their music strategy or 2day breakfast.

I thought the 2Day branding was retained when most other stations got rebadged with Hit?

1 Like

During the Dan and Maz era it was Hit 1041 2Day FM.

Correct. They added the Hit to the frequency.

Ah my bad, I thought you were talking about TV.

The old 7mate sport watermark popped up during the Giants Cats clash last night in Sydney. Came on after an ad break late in the second term, with the HD add-on vacant. When the add-on returned half-an hour later, it was not aligned because the old watermark’s positioning is closer to the screen edge. Watermark disappeared again early in the fourth term, before the current version of the channel watermark returned around five minutes later mid-play.

2 Likes

What’s ironic as well, the guy that is now voicing the promos for Big Brother is the same one who voiced them when the series was on 9…

3 Likes

That would be Adam Whitby you would be referring to. Also VO Artists are mostly freelancers these days and not necessarily exclusive to a network.

Matt Wills. He’s pretty much the main VO guy of Channel Seven. I guess their version of Steve Britten.

1 Like

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSdHoTmYM/?k=1

2 Likes

New “Thank you for making 7 Number 1” promo aired towards the end of The Voice. Listed 7 as #1 in entertainment, news, sport… and then previewed what is still to come in 2022. Also included the same set of musical notes you sometimes hear between shows, towards the end.

1 Like

LOL

2 Likes

It seems they have dropped the ex Nine VO guy and gone with the One used on AFL for the Big Brother promo this week.

Wonder if they realised his association with the Nine era? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes