Seven On-Air Presentation 2002-03

Caps from Seven Melbourne - Monday 30/9/2002

Lineup:

Sponsor Billboards:

Promo Endtags:

9 Likes

Definitely one of Seven’s better packages.

2 Likes

Caps from Seven Sydney - Late March 2003

Idents:
Scrubs:

Always Greener:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Caps from Seven Sydney - Saturday 26/10/2002

Idents:

Sponsor:

PRG:

ZampakidCap-2020-05-11-13h25m21s146

Promo Endtags:

ZampakidCap-2020-05-11-13h26m10s230

5 Likes

Promo Endtags from Channel Seven Sydney (although I think the 'Weekender promo makes it obvious as to which market these are from) - April 18, 2003:

Even considering that it was the non-ratings period, a rather dismal lineup of programming from Seven here! Police Camera Action? World’s Greatest Bloopers? Surprise Wedding Coming Soon?! No wonder Nine smashed them in the ratings that year.

You can also tell that “Always Greener” was on the way out when they aired a new episode on Easter Sunday!

7 Likes

Some terrible shows there!

When every Better Homes and Gardens presenters had their own spinoff shows!

Christmas 2002 on Seven. With thanks to @Zampakid, the first lot of caps is from December 18! :slight_smile:

Lineup:

Sponsor Billboards (The music beds used on these are probably one of the few major elements which remain unchanged from the 2000-02 graphics):

Promo Endtags:

“Christmas is…” Ident - from what I’ve seen, there were several different versions produced featuring various Seven Network personalities of the time.

This particular variant features Johanna Griggs (probably the only one still regularly seen on Seven today), John Wood, Ada Nicodemou, John Howard (the actor who at the time was starring in Always Greener, not the then-PM!) plus a few actresses from the soaps who’s names I probably should know but escape me right now:

…and taking us right up to December 25 are these. Full credit to Chris Tracey for uploading Carols in the Domain 2002 to YouTube and leaving in the commercial breaks so the stills of the Orange Sponsor Billboard (four out of five colours, hooray!) and more Promo Endtags could be featured here:

7 Likes

The girl in the picture next to John Wood is Kate Garven.

2 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
June 2003

’24’ Break Bumper (2002 Package)

Promos

’24’ Next Week Promo (In WS)

In-Program Promo

PRG

8 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
Wednesday 14 August 2002

Idents

Promos

Program End Promos

Production Closers

Sponsor Billboard

Sponsor

Classification, Closed Captions & Widescreen Tickers

Ad Break Bumpers

PRG & Watermark

4 Likes

7 should bring this back along with the slogan and theme song for “the one to watch”.

3 Likes

So… you think they would want a reminder of when they were struggling?

Channel Seven Sydney - Sunday 24/11/2002

Ident:

Sponsor:

The Green Mile Break Bumpers:

PRG:

6 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
Friday 7 March 2003

Promos (Pure Class)

‘All New Sunday’ Promo

Classification/Watermark

PRG

3 Likes

What was The Chat Room?

1 Like
1 Like

I also remember there was a similar show that aired on Seven in 2003 called “Greeks on the Roof”, another of their lowlights that year.

Another show that I also liked, though also tanked in the ratings, was “Australia’s Worst Driver” - whereby the “worst” driver at the end of the series would have their car crushed by a machine in the final episode (speaking of which, can anyone remember whether it was live? I remember this particular segment being filmed in the evening).

2 Likes

Channel Seven Melbourne
Sunday 20 October 2002

Promo

‘Australians Unite’ Promo

PRG/Watermark

2 Likes