Reporter Graphic (inc. Reporter):

Miscellaneous Graphics:

Coming Up:

Cross to/from Sport (including score graphic):

Weather with Brian Bury:

Just as a bonus! :wink:
giphy%20(2)

7 Likes

The presentation of Seven News Sydney was way better back then.

3 Likes

I really liked Ross and Anne but they were thrashed by Brian Henderson.

1 Like

Ross and Ann probably should’ve started in 1964 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I’ve just been going through these history pages and I am absoluted stumped on who the sport’s presenter is during this time, and I can’t find his name anywhere. If my memory serves me correct he succeeded Cameron Williams.

Anyone know who he is?

1 Like

In the caps posted above and during this time period in general, it was Neil Brooks. Gary Wilkinson filled in the gap between Williams & Brooks though.

After his association with Seven ended (there’s a very long story behind that one), Kylie Gillies took over with Nick McArdle on weekends if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

That’s the bloke.

And ah I didn’t actually know that Gary Wilkinson did sport in Sydney. I very vaguely remember Kylie Gillies doing sport too.

2 Likes

Yeah, Gary Wilkinson was the Sports Presenter around 1996-97ish after Cameron Williams left for Fox Sports if I’m not mistaken.

After the stint on Sports, I think Gary Wilkinson was also a Sydney weekend/fill-in newsreader for a while before Chris Bath took over.

2 Likes

Ahhh yes. I remember seeing Darren Curtis on Seven News during this period. He then returned to Brisbane in the noughties and was back at Nine at the turn of this decade.

1 Like