Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

It looks like in the Albury market they don’t have a coverup strap on Seven News updates saying that the news is at 6.30pm.

I remember when in NSW markets when they aired Seven News Sydney on delay at 6.30 there was a coverup strap that said something like “Prime7 News at 6.00 | Seven News at 6.30pm”.

Night-time update:

7 Likes

Perhaps they don’t bother because it’s only Albury that has Local News at 6pm, and it’s still a “News hour” (one way or another) from 6pm across Victoria.

4 Likes

Nice update. Seven should take a look :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Some snapshots of the minor graphics changes as seen on the NSW North Coast (plus the “Weather Photos” Super from the 6.30pm bulletin):

So yeah, obviously this region is also getting the new “Your Special Occasion” segment (which seems a bit weird TBH, playing wedding videos and stuff like that on local news bulletins?) and the customised Prime7 promo for Sunrise. Voiceover wise in the Opener, as you’d probably expect Prime7 are touting about how they now have a meteorologist.

Aside from the presentational changes, it might interest people that the North Coast bulletin actually had four crosses tonight. Well OK, three local and one statewide but still…

5 Likes

Seems strange that Guy left/was replaced so soon after the relaunch.

Sacked? :confused:

Maybe he got a better modeling or presenting gig.

2 Likes

A slight improvement on the red-on-red graphics. But still looks like someone made them in Paint. The Prime7 News graphics were good before they rebranded as Prime7 Local News, they looked reasonably professional.

Why can’t they just replicate the Seven News graphics (maybe without the blue) or ask Seven to send them a package? They already use Seven’s idents, sponsor boards, lineups and classification advisories.

2 Likes

Finally some simplified super graphics. They’ve always gone way overboard with them in the past. Still no update to GWN7 News.

Maybe he was just an interim presenter pending the start of the new guy?

3 Likes

i usually skim past and just watch the videos :wink:

it’s also called a joke…

Prime7 is making a real effort here. 3 or 4 crosses, special transition graphics. Meteorologist. New graphics, updated set, great anchors. Online content and pushes to social media and online. Someone in Canberra gets it. The overall quality of the bulletin considering the Canberra studios & staff need to get 5 of these out per day - is great!

However, I still can’t help but feel the GFX and set is a bit blah. I see the effort - but it still looks cheap. It looks like the titles and GFX have been done in house. And that set - needs some work.

7 Has a great set for the Gold Coast - a market with 600k. Prime’s bulletins go out to over 1.7 million - the market can sustain a bigger investment in a better set.

But they are making big efforts I can see that.

10 Likes

Well said, as usual KICK-IT!

So here are montages from Albury on Monday & Tuesday night

Weather Updates

Seven News Melbourne + Prime7 News update (Both have 6:00 start time in supers)

And a promo

6 Likes

Madelaine Collignon presented tonight’s local bulletins solo. Possibly for the first time since the relaunch?

Interestingly, Kenny Heatley was still seen presenting all the local updates in the lead-up to 6pm (at least on the North Coast). Perhaps he went home sick or had other commitments?

3 Likes

Don’t you have a Montage of the edited version of Seven News Melbourne that night? It’s best if we compare Prime7’s efforts in the Border to those of 7QLD for the Brisbane news.

Yes, that will be edited and uploaded when I get a chance.

1 Like

Last time I was up in Albury, they would show the top stories of the night then an ad break, then they would jump straight to the sport report and then broadcast the rest of the bulletin without edits.

1 Like

Oh yes the " horrendous " coverup from 2013!

One from 2012:

10 Likes

I prefer the 2012 one there!

The 2 x 7 News logos in the bottom right of the 2013 one just looks plain clunky.

3 Likes