Dani is quite a good presenter :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pip Waller is back presenting the updates tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

7 News at 6:30 is now on 7 plus as 7 news regional nsw

10 Likes

Great to see

2 Likes

I don’t get why they haven’t brought the ex-Prime supers into line with the rest of the network.

ROBERT OVADIA REPORTS
With some vague subtitle

It reads poorly and seems so unnecessary.

2 Likes

The Albury office has now been rebranded as 7

3 Likes

Been for a few months

2 Likes

Dani Sharp is now the news editor for Seven News Regional in Canberra, according to an article on Mediaweek :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dubbo

5 Likes

There is a similar billboard on the New England Highway as you enter Tamworth

2 Likes

From the Armidale side of town or south side?

1 Like

I dont know - was simply told one existed

1 Like

Also spotted a longer thinner (not as tall/cropped) one eastbound on the Mitchell Highway about 10km west of Bathurst.

Any word on if Seven plans to launch half hour local news bulletins for Bendigo, Ballarat and Gippsland in Victoria? Any word on if Seven plans to beam its Albury/Border Local News into Shepparton?

I doubt it.

If they’re not doing it for Newcastle, Wollongong or Canberra, there’s no way in hell they’re doing it for regional Victoria.

Which is a shame - all those markets could do with a breath of fresh air news-wise.

6 Likes

I reckon they’ll just stick to doing the news updates they air every weeknight

3 Likes

Seven could be launching a news bulletin in Newcastle this decade.

1 Like

And pigs will fly.

I reckon there are people in Newcastle that would love to see some competition to NBN/Nine. The fact that the same situation that existed in 1962 exists now, as in there being no competition in commercial TV news, is not a good look. The fact that they crow about it at the footy (watch a Knights game and look for the ads on the side) is even worse.

NBN does a good job, but could do better. Having Seven there might make them lift their game. Online I don’t see much competition.

8 Likes