Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Not just you. I had to double take when I saw that screen shot.

2 Likes

He might have to ask who his father is…:joy:

2 Likes

Is the final Prime & GWN branded bulletins aired tomorrow?

2 Likes

The resemblance between Lachie and Millsy is both uncanny and amazing

3 Likes

GWN7 Local News gets one final mention on the ABC’s Media Watch in the form of a story on a so-called ‘gun threat’ in regional WA & their reporting on it

4 Likes

No not that im aware of. It hopefully will still be called prime and gwn news

Not likely considering they’ve already received and are using 7 News branded microphones.

7 Likes

Another GWN7 promo

6 Likes

The update opener is rather long and the footage isn’t very diverse. They should just stick a shorter graphical opener I think.

4 Likes

Surprised to see a 60 second update in prime time…

There’s no real urgency to any of it

1 Like

So is it likely that prime and gwn will be rebranded as 7 in July 1 and that prime news / gwn news will be rebranded 7 news in line with regional Queensland in July 1?

That’s what we are all predicting, but it would be good if seven pulls the trigger earlier. They haven’t confirmed a date yet.

When TVW and GWN reporters rock up for a presser…

9 Likes

Clearly that won’t be happening in the near future… waste of resources sending two reporters from the same news agency.

3 Likes

It will probably be a regular thing we see now

3 Likes

You’d think they’ll eventually move towards pooling the footage/audio and redirecting resources elsewhere now they’re all the one network?

2 Likes

I don’t think they’re quite there yet. Nothing has changed on the news front except the mic’s, their presence on 7plus and of course the graphics package. The rest still looks like business as usual.

2 Likes

NBN have been doing that for years even under Nine ownership when there’s major news in Nth NSW, particularly in the Newcastle region.

It is more understandable, as Nine and NBN had different branding on mics, whereas PRIME and 7 have the same.

1 Like

Your talking of a wholistic change to their news gathering to avoid perceived double handling.