Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Great job on the uploads @Abesty yet again!

Is the GWN7 bulletin still produced in Bunbury (hopefully not in Canberra yet!).

The other thing that would really lift the bulletin without too much effort is some colour and style on the font for the OTS graphics. Does look very plain just in white only.

1 Like

The studio is in Bunbury, but the control room is now in Canberra.

2 Likes

GWN7’s newsroom set isn’t going to win awards, but IMO it’s still better than the hideous set Prime7 currently uses. Sure, red is the colour of Prime7 & the Seven Network but that set is far too red, especially when the presenters (such as in that GWN7 promo posted above) are wearing red clothing!

Personally I would’ve preferred a tweaked version of the previous Prime7/GWN7 News sets to remain in use:

2013 was when the On-Air Presentation of Prime7 News was at it’s peak this decade, in some ways the look was better than what Seven News Sydney had at the time!

But unfortunately, the look was really watered down (screens were still used for OTS graphics but set wideshots were axed, generic titlecards replaced ones with more local imagery, etc.) after the launch of the 6.30pm bulletin:

…and then from April 2015 (after production/presentation of the Northern NSW local bulletins was moved to Canberra) until the Prime7 Local news relaunch in February 2017, I guess you could call this the first version of Prime7’s current set:

Even if it was only really seen on-air during (some) News Updates, to this day I’m still struggling to understand how anyone could think it was a good idea for a backdrop of Sydney to be used for a news service produced in Canberra which only aired in Prime7’s “full bulletin” markets of Regional NSW. :confused:

As for those supers & OTS graphics, well thank goodness they aren’t used anymore!

1 Like

By the way things are going… I can see it all moving to Canberra eventually.

Someone did a mock back several months ago that recoloured the grey blinds to a muted red and added a projected GWN7 logo on the RHS blinds. I think they might’ve added an outline of WA (like the old set) to the LHS wall between the windows too. It looked fantastic.

2 Likes

This is the one I did when they first relaunched. I posted it in the random mocks threads, but there were a couple others too.

2 Likes

I found the one I was thinking of: @WAtvVideos

All I’d change is trade the GWN lightbox on the LHS with an outline of WA like @NewsAustralia’s mock but on the wall except the blind.

1 Like

Karl Lijnders presented the Shepparton weather update tonight. It’s usually Daniel Gibson during the week.

Still haven’t seen one local news update from Prime, not sure if this is always the case. Even though there are other options, I feel that they should air at least SOME local news, even in the form of updates.

I wonder how effective a partnership with a local newspaper, akin to WIN’s SA nightly updates, would be?

1 Like

Prime don’t do news updates for Shepparton as they are not required too.

Outside of the North East where they have local content requirements updates have not been shown since December as they are still on break.

Edit haha just as i typed i saw one must of returned tonight

1 Like

Sadly, The News updates in Prime Shepparton are update regarding Sydney news and have no use to Shepparton and Victoria. Been like that since I moved up here to Shepparton Area

1 Like

Just saw one, you are spot on, only NSW, national and international news. Of course two other networks have local bulletins, but that is poor for no local news AT ALL to air on a network on a weekday.

In other words, basically what’s shown in full bulletin regions of NSW as an update to Prime7 News at 6.30pm?

Makes you wonder why they just don’t let the Seven News Melbourne updates go to air in Shepparton.

I think it was, it was just the ‘Prime7 News’ branding, not ‘Prime7 Local News’ like elsewhere. It was presented by Karl Lijnders.

One of them aired about 10 minutes after the Prime7 update, so they air both.

I saw local updates when I was in Bendigo so I originally thought that they would air local ones for Shepparton as well. An update covering all regional areas in Victoria would even be more relevant compared to what they are airing now.

2 Likes

Interesting news update on Prime7 tonight. Some young chap pretty much threw straight to a prerecorded piece on today’s weather, and wasn’t seen again. A weather update followed with Karl.

5 Likes

In other exciting Prime7 update news, there was a short Victorian weather update at the conclusion of a news update with a different sounding version of the wonderful weather music. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Here’s that update plus another from last night:

3 Likes

Is that weather update in HD?

Can’t Karl be arsed pre-recording for the 11.30 update?

Pretty shit for weather to have a minute of background music for the number 1 regional network. Not like the forecast changes wildly in the space of a few hours.

1 Like

They’ve done the music only weather updates late night for years. I assumed it was done that way because it’s essentially state-wide and actually shows quite a lot of info.

The opener got more than twice as much air time as the presenter did!

2 Likes