Seven News (Regional Qld)

I think the only problem with this plan is that the National News for the Queensland and NSW would still need to be different re: state politics and state issues. Unless you make the conscious decision to put all state-based stuff in the local bulletins too.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nine (Southern Cross)

But if you run it like the early news, both states issues get a run like a true national bulletin.

I do believe though the 7 wouldn’t do it because they market Sharyn & Max too much across the state. I’d love to see them at least pre-record a decent bulletin though, and only do the cutdown in breaking situations.

3 Likes

With no Nine News regional at the moment, I’ve decided to watch Seven News Regional tonight.

Can’t stand listening to Rob Brough reading the autocue.
The story that just aired a moment ago, he read out as:
“forcing residents… to pay their respects… from their… driveways”

Why can’t he say any more than 2 to 4 words without pausing constantly

5 Likes

I’m sure he’s not a bad person but as a presenter unfortunately his presentation isn’t the greatest. Ideally they should make Joanne Desmond the main anchor and Steve Titmus joining her in regions with doubleheaders.

Which is a shame as I remember watching bulletins from the 1990s where Brough was actually half decent as a presenter.

3 Likes

Agreed, I much prefer when Broughy is away and it’s Jo Desmond/Steve Titmus on. I’m with @Tom_TV7 and would like to see that pairing full-time in the non-Sunny Coast markets. Or maybe a Jo Desmond/Katie Toney pairing for something different.

Livio is starting to annoy me a bit too now with his delivery. I wish they’d go back to Rosanna Natoli instead of sticking her on Updates and Filling in all the time.

1 Like

Does anyone remember the reason she was replaced?

1 Like

Broughy will be there til hecalls time. He wins the ratings so there’s no need to change.

3 Likes

I’m not sure exactly but I feel that around the time Livio arrived on the scene, Rosanna’s husband had been elected mayor of the Sunshine Coast Council so she may have wanted to step back a bit to support him?

From radioinfo

Today, 7 News in regional Queensland has closed its Gladstone bureau and made several staff redundant.

A cameraman in the Hervey Bay bureau was also made redundant, as was a reporter in the Sunshine Coast bureau in Maroochydore.

Seven’s massive news ratings, averaging close to an 80 share along the Queensland coast, have not shielded the news operations from severe cuts.

Insiders say all Seven Queensland production teams have also been shown the door today.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/southern-cross-austereo-will-make-more-staff-cuts-week © Radioinfo.com.au

6 Likes

You could only imagine they will close their Sunshine Coast studios and relocate to share resources at Mt Coot-tha. Does anybody know if they lease or own the property at Maroochydore?

2 Likes

Wow… I’m pretty shocked…

1 Like

all? What does this mean then??

Shocking news.

2 Likes

10 year lease on Maroochydore

1 Like

7 Owns the Maroochydore property however it’s been on the market for some time.

3 Likes

Gladstone is only an hour from Rockhampton by car. Do 7 have a newsroom there?

1 Like

Seven does have a bureau in Rockhampton.

3 Likes

So maybe it’s not such a huge deal? 1 hour by car…it takes longer to get a crew from Sydney to Penrith.

There are gonna be job cuts within 7 and 7 News no doubt. Sadly

1 Like

Gladstone is odd as it’s always had its own Sales Office which became a News Bureau as well when the CQ bulletin was established. It’s a shame they’ve closed it but it is only an hour from Rocky so it’s easy enough to send someone down there for stories. There is usually as many Gladstone reports as there are Rocky ones on the CQ bulletin so hopefully that remains the case.

1 Like