Seven News (Regional Qld)

Not unusual for them to present a different market live if something major is happening there.

Townsville was live a few years ago during the floods there with a live cross.
Mackay was live a few years ago when a cyclone went through.

I think it’s great that they can change the live market if there is a situation that warrants live coverage

9 Likes

Christmas tree installed

5 Likes

Media Watch tonight

2 Likes

Jo is off for the holidays, so Sunshine Coast reporter Dannielle De Pinto fills-in for her in dual presenter markets.

Townsville bulletin tonight (c/o @ScreenTower)

Jo’s Chriatmas break announcement at 28:51 of Friday’s edition (Cairns feed)

3 Likes

It just occurred to me that the Christmas decorations on the tree has a Seven overload.

11 Likes

ID:

6 Likes

That’s how you make them a marketing expense instead of a props expense. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

7 News QUEENSLAND starting to feel a bit anti state government lately. First story tonight was protests out side Sunshine Coast council about the vaccine mandate which isn’t even a council matter, 2nd story was about the opposition concerned the hospitals aren’t ready for the boarders to open (which they pushed to happen sooner). Maybe it’s just a slow News day

1 Like

Par for the course considering the Melbourne team has been aggressively so for the entirety of the pandemic, not unexpected for a similar agenda to bleed over into reporting in other states newsrooms.

1 Like
3 Likes

Does Seven News Regional Queensland remain the same over the Christmas and New Years period unlike with WIN News?

1 Like

Seven News (Regional Queensland) only takes a break on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (or on their Bank Holidays, in case either or both fall on a Saturday or Sunday).

2 Likes

Well they shouldn’t be taking a break over those public holidays. No news bulletin wether it’s regional, statewide or metro should be taking a break over a public holiday.

1 Like

Of course they can take a break. Maybe not a month. But seriously - what do you think about post offices closing on public holidays? Does that outrage you? What about supermarkets? We’ve all gotta eat. How about schools? These kids need education - should they be open every single day?

You seem to view television news as being way more important than it really is in this Twitter age. Then again, you’re never happy with anything as it is. Maybe try getting out once in a while. Breathe some fresh air. Enjoy a day off and kick your feet up?

17 Likes

They’re not as important as news. News is one of the most important things in the world and needs to air every single day. Even if it’s a public holiday only the main bulletin needs to air.

1 Like

I will challenge that with a ‘no, it’s actually not’

6 Likes

This is irrelevant but POs should be open everyday now (they are still closed on Sundays like Neanderthals), even just for a few hours. The post doesn’t stop to go to church on Sunday, neither does business.

Anyway, don’t let me interrupt your bickering. Carry on.

2 Likes

Mate, with respect, there are many other ways of getting your news that’s not a full bulletin.

Newspapers, websites, social media, radio news, ask someone etc.

5 Likes

Shall each of these newsrooms send you the bill for the triple time they’d have to pay each and every staff member rostered on to work on Christmas Day where there is usually sweet little to report. It can be quite an expensive operation. And there will be other news outlets on active duty on Christmas Day.

It wasn’t that many years ago that newspapers didn’t publish on Christmas Day or Good Friday. Somehow we survived.

4 Likes

I literally run a news outlet, and present the main bulletin. We take a break on Christmas if it’s close to our Sunday broadcast date. It’s fine.

The world won’t fall apart if a regional Queensland bulletin is replaced by one from Brisbane for a day, or if a public broadcaster airs a national news bulletin for 30 minutes in place of local ones/

I go have a lunch with family & relax on Christmas Day - maybe you should too.

7 Likes