Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I’m personally not a fan, she’s been over-exposed on too many things she’s not strong in, like when she was on House Rules or whatever it was and on Seven’s Supercar racing coverage. She does her best work at an actual sporting event like the BBL yet she’s never utilised in that capacity regularly.

I actually really like Will Goodings’ presenting style IMO.

5 Likes

Emily Jade O’Keeffe - revealed tonight as the new Gold Coast weather presenter but just for Mondays filling in during Liz Cantor’s maternity leave.

Also some old footage of a Tasmanian racing telecast was shown of Steve Timus and her.

8 Likes

Just Mondays? Who will do the rest of the week?

1 Like

Burty?

2 Likes

Amelia Broun has returned from maternity leave in Perth.

3 Likes

06/10/2022:
Rebecca Maddern is presenting the Morning News.

10 Likes

Bec’s first time on a national news bulletin since re-joining Seven I assume?

1 Like

Is it actually a national bulletin? I live in Adelaide and we only get state bulletins and very rarely get a national one, in fact The Latest is the closest thing we have to one now that I think about it.

“Semi national” on the east coast

1 Like

No, on like her second day back she did a national 4pm bulletin.

1 Like

Yes, I believe she did a national bulletin earlier in the year.

1 Like

Nah. She did a 4pm before.

1 Like

Paul Burt did the rest of the week. He also did Brisbane weather on Friday.

2 Likes

And he’s in Lismore for Sunrise this morning.

1 Like

Is Bryan Seymour still with 7 News? Haven’t seen him for a long time, and he seems to have deleted his social media. I know a couple of years ago he did a really big, in-depth investigation on Scientology, which Channel 7 blocked from airing at the last minute (allegedly after pressure from James Packer).

Pat Welsh received the award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Journalism at last night’s Clarion Awards.

Recognised for more than 47 years in the industry, Pat has covered numerous Olympics and Commonwealth Games, rugby to racing, the Golf Majors and every other type of sport in between. Pat’s trackside interviews are legendary with the likes of Cathy Freeman and Sally Pearson, just after they won Olympic gold. Pat also got the first interview with Allan Border after he announced his retirement.

Throughout Pat’s media career he has donated his time to helping many charities and mentored many young reporters. After a long and dedicated career, Pat is retiring at the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/SteeleTallon/status/1578688007292743680?s=20&t=Ucws6m3b8Oqm3RGIU6vfVA

https://twitter.com/mattyalloneword/status/1578687466868858880?s=20&t=Ucws6m3b8Oqm3RGIU6vfVA

8 Likes

Wow… 47 years :open_mouth: Pat has to be one of longest serving TV journalists in Australia right now.

11 Likes

Pat Welsh is retiring (from TV) at the end of this year.

Featured on tonight’s news.

5 Likes

My 80 year old Dad (who worked in the railways) can remember when a young Pat Welsh used to regularly catch the train from Bundaberg (his hometown) to Brisbane.

8 Likes