Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Former Seven News and Today Tonight Perth presenter and reporter Yvette Mooney, passed away last night.

25 Likes

Oh no :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

That’s really sad.

10 Likes

Very sad news. She was the first presenter of the WA version of Today Tonight

9 Likes

and was also the weekend presenter from then until around 2007-08, and a regular fill-in for Susannah Carr on weeknights.

13 Likes

Such a great talent her 17 year battle with breast cancer came to end yesterday.:pray::pray::pray:

11 Likes

Very sad.

9 Likes

A Very sad loss. She was a great talent. I remember her cheerfully starting every bulletin with “Hello!” Instead of the traditional Good evening.

RIP Yvette. You put up a great fight for years. Now you can rest.

14 Likes

Yvette’s passing was the top story on 7 Perth tonight. A fitting tribute from Geof Parry.

18 Likes

Wait…WHAT?! I knew she had battled Cancer, but gee…i didn’t know it got so bad! RIP Yvette.

9 Likes

R.I.P Yvette Mooney :cry:

10 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/perth-newsreader-yvette-mooney-dies-from-cancer-aged-58/news-story/3d9bb7126b764045ea7f1a8104fc6a85

8 Likes

I know that she left in 2007 when she was diagnosed and for some reason I thought she recovered many years later, just didn’t go back to presenting the news anymore.

Didn’t realise that she was battling cancer this whole time. RIP.

7 Likes

I saw a photo of the first Today Tonight team from 1995 on news.com.au’s report.

With Yvette Mooney’s passing, two of the original hosts are no longer with us. Jill Singer died in 2017.

9 Likes

I woke up today and saw I had 10k new views on some old YouTube videos and was thinking wtf. I wasn’t expecting to see this news.

Those who were on a certain other site in the mid-2000s might have seen me carrying on about Yvette’s trademark “hallo” greeting every night but an older and slightly wiser Kevin knows better than to focus on meaningless things like that.

Yvette was a huge part of TVW for 20 years. I was sad to read about her diagnosis when that was announced and even sadder to find out about her passing today.

RIP Yvette.

17 Likes

At least she used a greeting… looks over there

4 Likes

Peter Mitchell back presenting tonight in Melbourne.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Katrina Blowers seen presenting a national report tonight

6 Likes

Monday 13 June -

Robert Ovadia presented Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney.

Jane Bunn presented Melbourne weather from Mt Buller.

9 Likes