Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I quite like Melina Sarris however she’ll be going on leave soon.

4 Likes

Could be Ben Murphy if his regional stint goes well.

2 Likes

I think its more Seven, not the viewers.

2 Likes

Sport is quite underwhelming I agree but don’t get the hate for Melina. She’s quite competent and comes off as genuine rather than toxic like some of the other personalities at HSV.

5 Likes

I would’ve thought double in the week and single in the weekend made more sense if anything.

1 Like

Don’t get where this rumoured ‘female-friendly alternative’ perspective comes from? They have females on Seven and Alicia leads Nine’s bulletin. I’m also puzzled why Seven continues to have dual anchors on weekends and what it adds. Unfortunately, I’m skeptical that Bec is still as popular in the market as she once was too.

He was awful. A worse choice than Joel.

1 Like

I think @FootyKick is referring to the fact that most main presenter roles seem to be “male-dominated”.

For instance - weeknight presenter: Peter Mitchell, weekend presenter: Mike Amor, afternoon presenter: switches but often presented by a male (Mike Amor, Blake Johnson).

By placing Bec within the weekend news, there is definitely a difference of presenters.

[in reference to news and sport]

Emily Angwin and Melina Sarris have been given chances to read on afternoon bulletins. Emily isn’t necessarily alongside the network, but Melina presented quite well from memory. You also have Laura Spurway who has presented sports a few times, also done really well.

While they have been in the studio, it’s not very often this seems to happen (apart from Melina presenting weather instead of news.)

It would be more interesting seeing Mike and Blake’s reporting skills used more often in the field, and placing more females in presenting positions.

2 Likes

Surely after her covid Insta efforts, Jacqui has to be a more trusted news person than Bec these days

2 Likes

The Herald Sun is just relaying The Australian? Doesn’t mean the story is any more legit.

3 Likes

I doubt that kind of thing would have any weight in this decision at all.

1 Like

Don’t they share newsrooms? Or different levels? :rofl:

1 Like

Tony working ‘under duress’ at the Gabba reporting on the rain during the Ashes coverage.

7 Likes

Angie Asimus has revealed on her Instagram that she is starting a podcast where she speaks to Australian farmers who will share their stories with her. The podcast is called ‘Australian Farmers - Telling Our Story with Angie Asimus’.

3 Likes

Just like Edwina B?

2 Likes

Thursday (09.12.2021) - Friday (10.12.2021): Katrina Blowers presented the Brisbane bulletin.

Georgie Chumbley did Friday weather in Brisbane.

8 Likes

Melina Sarris is now on maternity leave.

5 Likes

Sharnelle Vella was yesterday appointed by The Lost Dogs Home as its newest ambassador.

3 Likes

Her outfits lately have been amazing. Lilac during the week and the stunning pink dress she wore last night were stunning.

1 Like

That set looks waaaay too busy. Hurts me eyes looking at it.

2 Likes

(Saturday 11/12/2021) Tim McMillan presenting national afternoon news from Perth in lieu of cricket after Australia wrapped up a 9-wicket win earlier in the day.

A bit Perth centric.

7 Likes