Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I remember the ratings were amazing back in 2004. Seven often had 450k watching compared to Nine’s Afternoon News (which launched a year later with Georgie Gardner) had only around 180-200k. Nine actually axed their bulletin and replaced it with Friends repeats, but soon brought it back 2 weeks later.

6 Likes

Samantha Brett presenting the weather on the Morning News today.

I’d say she’s now the permanent Friday morning news weather presenter.

4 Likes

Matt Shirvington is back presenting sport this weekend, and Matt Carmichael is reporting from Bathurst on the Bathurst 1000.

5 Likes

Blake Johnson presenting the Afternoon News in Melbourne today

10 Likes

That’s strange, because Jacqui posted a photo featuring a couple of her colleagues, taken inside the newsroom at Seven Melbourne, on her Instagram story today.

Maybe she has to go out to prepare a sports story for the 6pm bulletin.

But it’s good to have Blake on. Very smooth presenter and good on the auto cue.

EDIT: Jacqui presenting 6pm sport as normal. She was probably busy getting ready for Sunday night’s Brownlow Medal.

6 Likes

I reckon that the next time Mark Ferguson takes a week off for leave/holidays in the ratings period (which probably won’t be until July next year), and Michael Usher fills in for him, they should also plan it so that it is Mel McLaughlin and David Brown’s week off, so they can bring in Matt Shirvington and Angie Asimus onboard as well for Sunday to Thursday.

Would be interesting to see if Michael, Matt and Angie rate any better than Fergo, Mel and Brownie from Sundays to Thursdays.

1 Like

Which is something I have not seen happening so far…

1 Like

Saturday: Angela Cox is presenting in Sydney

9 Likes

Long day for her after reading the news on Weekend Sunrise this morning, and she will be faced with a short night’s rest if she’s on WS again tomorrow.

4 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate is so ridiculously unprofessional. You should have just seen her jumping up and down in the closer of the Melbourne bulletin just then and it’s not the first time.

The amount of mistakes she makes on air. Rudely talks in between live crosses and has been caught out on air. It’s astonishing what she gets away with.

Irony

8 Likes

Saturday (17.10.2020): Laura Dymock is doing Brisbane’s weather tonight.

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t say it’s unprofessional, more just overly enthusiastic. Obviously she would’ve been pulled up on it by now if they thought it was a problem.

I love watching Jacqui but she needs to tone down the enthusiasm just a notch - it comes across a bit fake.

2 Likes

17/10/2020

Matt Shirvington presenting Sydney sport outside ANZ Stadium tonight ahead of the NRL’s preliminary final between the Panthers and the Rabbitohs.

9 Likes

This provides absolutely nothing.

1 Like

What does? My post on Jacqui or the post on Matt?

The post I replied to…

Matt being outside the stadium. What for? Looks stupid.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that - for some reason it didn’t tell me which of my posts you were replying to.

If you’re referring to why I posted it, simply because people have posted on here in the past when sports presenters in particular are doing OBs, so I thought it might be worthwhile to post if anyone out there cares.

If you’re referring to why Matt’s doing the OB - I don’t really get why he’s doing it too, I guess it’s just because it’s a nice change to go outside than be sitting in the studio every time he presents, but I think it would’ve been better quality if we saw some fans entering the stadium in the background.

…especially when Nine News Sydney likely has their Sports presenter inside the stadium!

3 Likes